SMS sends to "wrong" recipientquestion

Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:07 pm in AirDroid Mac

page 1 / 1
Danne
OP

SMS sends to "wrong" recipient

When using Airdoid to send sms, it (Airdroid) randomly but often saves/registers messages to wrong recipient.

Example:

Let's say I have just four contacts in my contact book: A, B, C and D. When creating, writing and sending a new message to A, everything appears to work as supposed. But when it's sent, the left column changes and says that the message was sent to B. Not A.

So, I check my phone to see what actually happened. It shows that the message, indeed, was sent to A. Not B.

Similar things happen if I just open Airdroid on my Mac. Messages sent or recieved by e.g. A might as well be registered by Airdroid to B, C or D. But when checking my phone, everything is as it should.

This makes me more and more reluctant to use Airdroid when sending sms as I get the feeling that a message sooner or later actually will be sent to wrong recipient.

Can I do anything to fix this? Clear caches? Reinstall?

Here's my details:

Airdoid 3.2.6
Android 5.1.1
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6)
Using wifi. Router and devices less than a meter from each other.

Kind regards,
Danne

PS: Not to suck up, but I've used Airdroid from the start and I'm simply in awe.
jasper likes this post.
Danne
Lillian Admin

Re: SMS sends to "wrong" recipient

When using Airdoid to send sms, it (Airdroid) randomly but often saves/registers messages to wrong recipient.

Example:

Let's say I have just four contacts in my contact book: A, B, C and D. When creating, writing and sending a new message to A, everything appears to work as supposed. But when it's sent, the left column changes and says that the message was sent to B. Not A.

So, I check my phone to see what actually happened. It shows that the message, indeed, was sent to A. Not B.

Similar things happen if I just open Airdroid on my Mac. Messages sent or recieved by e.g. A might as well be registered by Airdroid to B, C or D. But when checking my phone, everything is as it should.

This makes me more and more reluctant to use Airdroid when sending sms as I get the feeling that a message sooner or later actually will be sent to wrong recipient.

Can I do anything to fix this? Clear caches? Reinstall?

Here's my details:

Airdoid 3.2.6
Android 5.1.1
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
Mac OS El Capitan (10.11.6)
Using wifi. Router and devices less than a meter from each other.

Kind regards,
Danne

PS: Not to suck up, but I've used Airdroid from the start and I'm simply in awe.

Hi Danne,

Sincere apologies for the late reply.

Our developers are looking into this issue for you. Would you please help clarify the following issue for troubleshooting?

1 Does the problem appear on web.airdroid.com? Would you please try it on web.airdroid.com and see if it would be different?

2 FYI, you send message to A, but it saved on AirDroid as B who send the message. And the phone shows the message is sent to A correctly, and A, not B, also receives the message indeed, right?

Sorry again for the inconvenience that may have caused Looking forward to your reply.
Lillian
Admin
Danne

Thanks for kind reply. I'm also sorry my late response.

1. When this happens again, I'll check if it's the same when using web.airdroid.com and will get back to you then.
2. No. If I send message to A (using Airdroid), it's only A who recieves it even if it later shows (in Airdroid) that it was sent to B. So, the result is fine and correct, only that Airdroid sometimes pin a message to wrong recipient.

Cheers,
Danne
Danne
Lillian Admin

Thanks for kind reply. I'm also sorry my late response.

1. When this happens again, I'll check if it's the same when using web.airdroid.com and will get back to you then.
2. No. If I send message to A (using Airdroid), it's only A who recieves it even if it later shows (in Airdroid) that it was sent to B. So, the result is fine and correct, only that Airdroid sometimes pin a message to wrong recipient.

Cheers,
Danne

Hi Danne, thanks for your reply.And looking forward to your reply with another questions
Lillian
Admin
Danne

Can't login to http://web.airdroid.com/ . Caught in loop, getting this "Add a device". Doing that (adding my phone my reading the QR code, being logged in, etc) but all I get is getting back to the same "Add a device". I'm well connected to internet on both computer and phone.

Regardless, Airdroid is still mixing up recipients.

Just now opened Airdroid to send sms to A, which I already had a sms conversation. But while the conversation was correct, Airdroid showed wrong recipient both in left column and wrong avatar. I hit "refresh" a couple of times and it seemed as if it fixed it. Correct recipient (B) appeared both in left column and with correct avatar.

So, I sent the message. But when checking my phone, the message hadn't been sent to B, but to A.

I'll now reinstall Airdroid and see if that helps.....
Danne
Lillian Admin

Can't login to http://web.airdroid.com/ . Caught in loop, getting this "Add a device". Doing that (adding my phone my reading the QR code, being logged in, etc) but all I get is getting back to the same "Add a device". I'm well connected to internet on both computer and phone.

Regardless, Airdroid is still mixing up recipients.

Just now opened Airdroid to send sms to A, which I already had a sms conversation. But while the conversation was correct, Airdroid showed wrong recipient both in left column and wrong avatar. I hit "refresh" a couple of times and it seemed as if it fixed it. Correct recipient (B) appeared both in left column and with correct avatar.

So, I sent the message. But when checking my phone, the message hadn't been sent to B, but to A.

I'll now reinstall Airdroid and see if that helps.....

Hi Danne, does the reported issue happen again now with the latest AirDroid?
Lillian
Admin
war

airdroid doesn't acknowledge permissions for sms on google 6.0.1 tried turning permissions on off and back on again.. suggestions?
war
Lillian Admin

airdroid doesn't acknowledge permissions for sms on google 6.0.1 tried turning permissions on off and back on again.. suggestions?

Hi, that is weird...

would you please report this issue via Feedback with AirDroid on your device?
Steps: open AirDroid on your phone-->Me--> Settings-->About--> Feedback.
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28318

Please do tick the box of “Attach error logs” so that our developers can check the issue for you. It would help us to gather the troubleshoot with more details (there’s no personal data collected), we shall be able to prioritize your request.
Lillian
Admin
meeraabdul

When replying to some texts from my laptop it is sending it to another person. Anyone else having this issue? This only happens for some
meeraabdul
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 20