Contact Names and Photosquestion

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:16 pm in AirDroid Mac

page 1 / 1
Jake
OP

Contact Names and Photos

I'm new to AirDroid and am experiencing a couple annoying issues on the mac application. First, When I refresh my sms messages, contact names go from being fine (i.e. "John Smith") to being pushed together and backwards (i.e. "SmithJohn"). I'm having them display last name first so that it looks almost normal, but "JohnSmith" without a space still looks super awkward. Also, my contact's photos don't come through as their facebook photo like on my phone. They only have a contact photo if I have a photo saved explicitly for that person. Anyone else having these issue and is there anything to do about them?
Jake
Coffee Admin

Re: Contact Names and Photos

I'm new to AirDroid and am experiencing a couple annoying issues on the mac application. First, When I refresh my sms messages, contact names go from being fine (i.e. "John Smith") to being pushed together and backwards (i.e. "SmithJohn"). I'm having them display last name first so that it looks almost normal, but "JohnSmith" without a space still looks super awkward. Also, my contact's photos don't come through as their facebook photo like on my phone. They only have a contact photo if I have a photo saved explicitly for that person. Anyone else having these issue and is there anything to do about them?
Hi, do you mean when you sort contact name by last, first, the name displays right but it lacks of a space? Can you attach a screenshot?

As to the issue of contact photo, we'll take a look at it. Thanks for the feedback.
Coffee
Admin
Jake

Hi, do you mean when you sort contact name by last, first, the name displays right but it lacks of a space? Can you attach a screenshot?

I mean if my preferences are like this:

Then when I go to my texts, I see this: (Names replaced, but you get the gist)

and if I swap it to last name first, it almost looks fine as first name first but there isn't a space in between the names.
Jake
Coffee Admin

I mean if my preferences are like this:

Then when I go to my texts, I see this: (Names replaced, but you get the gist)

and if I swap it to last name first, it almost looks fine as first name first but there isn't a space in between the names.

Thanks for the feedback. I've sent it to the developer. And can you check if this happens to http://web.airdroid.com?
Coffee
Admin
Jake

Names works fine on http://web.airdroid.com but I still have the same issue with contact images.
Jake
Coffee Admin

Names works fine on http://web.airdroid.com but I still have the same issue with contact images.

We're working on the issue of contact name. Pls kindly stay tuned.

And sorry that AirDroid can't sync the contact image of FB/G+ etc. :(
Coffee
Admin
eduardof

sorry I´m referring to a windows PC not to mac.-
in another version of airdroid I could download the telephone info into the PC, in this new version I can´t find this feature,
somebody can help me. thanks in advance. efalicoff@gmail.com.
eduardof
Coffee Admin

sorry I´m referring to a windows PC not to mac.-
in another version of airdroid I could download the telephone info into the PC, in this new version I can´t find this feature,
somebody can help me. thanks in advance. efalicoff@gmail.com.
Download telephone info? But we don't have such features. Can you tell me the steps?
Coffee
Admin
Eli Gordon

I have this same problem. Plus, sometimes both versions show, as you can see in this screenshot.

Eli Gordon
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235017

Latest Member: fff

Online: 24