In AirDroid, for Sent Text Messages, Can ONLY See Messages Sent via AirDroidquestion

Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:12 am in AirDroid Mac

page 1 / 1
Darron
OP

In AirDroid, for Sent Text Messages, Can ONLY See Messages Sent via AirDroid

Simply put, any text messages I don't send via AirDroid (Mac or Web) don't show-up in the app. All else with messaging seems to be working fine.

I'm running the latest AirDroid versions on all devices, and this happened with my previous device (Galaxy S7 Edge, running Android v7 and kernel v3.18.31-11614766) and my 9-day-old Galaxy S8, running Android v7 and kernel v4.4.16-11131491).

Open to any logical-sounding causes and/or solutions.

Thanks!
Darron
Darron

Re: In AirDroid, for Sent Text Messages, Can ONLY See Messages Sent via AirDroid

Can someone from AirDroid/Support at least acknowledge my issue. It's been a week since I posted this, and I've been very patient.

Thanks
Ryan likes this post.
Darron
zacmathe

Re: In AirDroid, for Sent Text Messages, Can ONLY See Messages Sent via AirDroid

I have the same issue - messages I've sent using my phone don't show up in web or mac airdroid clients. I downloaded airdroid primarily to send texts without using the phone keyboard, so it's pretty useless with this bug.

Samsung GalaxyS7 Active, SAMSUNG-SM-G891A, Android 7.0, Kernel 3.18.31-11488437
zacmathe
Darron

zacmathe wrote:I have the same issue - messages I've sent using my phone don't show up in web or mac airdroid clients. I downloaded airdroid primarily to send texts without using the phone keyboard, so it's pretty useless with this bug.

Samsung GalaxyS7 Active, SAMSUNG-SM-G891A, Android 7.0, Kernel 3.18.31-11488437

Thanks for contributing zacmathe. It's coming-up on 2 weeks since I posted this issue. My guess is this is a fairly common issue. I think I'm gonna see if I have the same issue using a Windows client, which I'm sure I will, being that we're seeing the issue even when using the Web interface, which is platform agnostic.

Anyone else who is having this issue, please, please, please, share your details so we can get this solved as soon as possible. It'll only take you several minutes to contribute. Thanks!
Darron
Gh0ce

I think there are a few factors that can cause this. First, I am not an airdroid employee or support person, this is just based on personal experience.
With my previous phone (Kingzone K1 Turbo), in order to see the messages I needed to be using the STOCK messaging app with the phone/ROM. If I deviated from stock, then messages often would not show up in AirDroid.
The other thing I've found is that airdroid seems to work better if your phone is rooted AND you grant root access to airdroid. AirMirror never worked properly until I rooted my device. I could get the screen to show up, but couldn't click on anything.

So, I would recommend uninstalling any 3rd party text messaging apps and if you have not granted airdroid root permissions, try doing that too.
Gh0ce
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 33