Problem Using Airdroid to control Kodi on an Android TV Box

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14 am in AirDroid Mac

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
John TheColonel
OP

Problem Using Airdroid to control Kodi on an Android TV Box

AirMirror remote control of Kodi interface works well in most ways from the Mac desktop application. However, there is one fairly basic feature that doesn't work. It is not possible to paste text into Kodi text dialogue boxes for search and config settings. The only way I could do this was from another Android app called Yatse remote. The Yatse remote on screen keyboard has a dedicated key next to the spacebar that does the paste function from the clipboard. Since more and more Airdroid users are going to be interacting with Android TV and Kodi, I think the Airdroid programming team should really look into this issue.
2 people like this post.
John TheColonel
Niki Admin

Re: Problem Using Airdroid to control Kodi on an Android TV Box

AirMirror remote control of Kodi interface works well in most ways from the Mac desktop application. However, there is one fairly basic feature that doesn't work. It is not possible to paste text into Kodi text dialogue boxes for search and config settings. The only way I could do this was from another Android app called Yatse remote. The Yatse remote on screen keyboard has a dedicated key next to the spacebar that does the paste function from the clipboard. Since more and more Airdroid users are going to be interacting with Android TV and Kodi, I think the Airdroid programming team should really look into this issue.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We would like to confirm with you that do you mean when your use Airmirror feature to control Kodi on your phone, you cannot paste text into Kodi text dialogue boxes?

Would you like to send us a screenshot of the page for a further check?

Best Regards,
p mat likes this post.
Niki
Admin
markhascole

Very helpful discussion,
Actually, i am the huge fan of movies and love to watch movies on Kodi recently I install Kodi on an android box, and it is working excellent problem is that I am UK citizen, and Kodi is pretty risky in my region that why I am using free Kodi VPN so is there any alternate of VPN. You can also check out those free Kodi VPN: https://www.reviewsdir.com/best-free-vpn-for-kodi/
p mat likes this post.
markhascole
russellgill

I am also agree with marksascole, streaming through kodi on android is a perfect way, but I face the same issue I also live in UK, most of the US channels are region blocked so I have to use Kodi VPN
2 people like this post.
russellgill
sid06

Yes, even I've used some of the popular anime streaming using Kodi Addon and it was working fine. Many times, add-ons get blocked due to copyright issue. Just don't download such add-ons and you will be fine to go. Go for plutoTV, iBBC player. These are perfect and legal
p mat likes this post.
sid06
ORoss

I am also agree with marksascole, streaming through kodi on android is a perfect way, but I face the same issue I also live in UK, most of the US channels are region blocked so I have to use Kodi VPN

yes. same here. addons usually don't require a vpn for unblocking them. most of them are actually usable regardless of where you live, except iplayer and maybe made in canada.
p mat likes this post.
ORoss
jason12j

It is a good and amazing article. Your information is very useful for everyone.

yourmandsviews
p mat likes this post.
jason12j
markhascole

russellgill wrote:I am also agree with marksascole, streaming through kodi on android is a perfect way, but I face the same issue I also live in UK, most of the US channels are region blocked so I have to use Kodi VPN

Thanks for sharing.
p mat likes this post.
markhascole
andyjames77

Thanks! it really helps me out. I am also using FastestVPN on my Kodi.
p mat likes this post.
andyjames77
Rosy24

The post is so informational. Helped me to solve my problems. safewaysurvey
Rosy24
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876