Can't get messages from one personquestion

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:17 am in AirDroid Mac

page 1 / 1
John
OP

Can't get messages from one person

I'm having a very strange problem. I can send messages to anyone in my contact list. I can get messages from almost everyone in my contact list. However, I can't get messages from one person... my wife. To be more precise, I can't get messages from her most of the time. Occasionally, a message from her makes it though, but it's rare. I have no problem getting her messages on my phone, only on my Mac.

She's using a Samsung S5 using Android 6.0.1. I'm using a Samsung Note 4 using Android 6.0.1. I've looked at both settings for the Messenger app, and they're the same (the default). The only thing I can think that would make her phone different than anyone else's is that we're both on the same family account with T-Mobile.

All of this said, I have installed and tested MightyText which is a very similar app, and have gotten exactly the same results. This leads me to believe it's something in the phone configuration.

Any ideas on what might be causing this to happen?

Thanks...
John
Lillian Admin

Re: Can't get messages from one person

I'm having a very strange problem. I can send messages to anyone in my contact list. I can get messages from almost everyone in my contact list. However, I can't get messages from one person... my wife. To be more precise, I can't get messages from her most of the time. Occasionally, a message from her makes it though, but it's rare. I have no problem getting her messages on my phone, only on my Mac.

She's using a Samsung S5 using Android 6.0.1. I'm using a Samsung Note 4 using Android 6.0.1. I've looked at both settings for the Messenger app, and they're the same (the default). The only thing I can think that would make her phone different than anyone else's is that we're both on the same family account with T-Mobile.

All of this said, I have installed and tested MightyText which is a very similar app, and have gotten exactly the same results. This leads me to believe it's something in the phone configuration.

Any ideas on what might be causing this to happen?

Thanks...
Hi,that IS weird...

Is there any differences of SMS from your wife and others? Is it MMS, or any other special charaters in those messages that don't sync to Mac?
Lillian
Admin
John

No. It's just the standard messenger that comes with Android. The only thing I can think of that makes her special is the fact we share the T-Mobile account and maybe that we chat a lot more than I do with others (message storage size?). I even removed her account from my phone and reinstalled it. Didn't do anything.
John
Lillian Admin

No. It's just the standard messenger that comes with Android. The only thing I can think of that makes her special is the fact we share the T-Mobile account and maybe that we chat a lot more than I do with others (message storage size?). I even removed her account from my phone and reinstalled it. Didn't do anything.
Super strange...
Would you please help us clarify the following information:
1. Would you please tell us your AirDroid account and AirDroid version you are using?
2. Would you please try PC desktop client and [url=#inbox/_blank]web.airdroid.com[/url] and see if both are working properly or not?
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235029

Latest Member: Feri Unyil

Online: 22