Stopping Airdroid from running in the background of my PC?question

Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:35 pm in General

page 1 / 1
StanleyRed
OP

Stopping Airdroid from running in the background of my PC?

I can't seem to get the application to ever completely close, it only becomes a background task. Is there a setting I'm missing that stops this?
LedStJames likes this post.
StanleyRed
J Lebowitz

Re: Stopping Airdroid from running in the background of my PC?

Looked far and wide and could not finda better answer: the only way I know how to do this is to launch Windows Task Manager and shut it down

1) Launch Windows Task Manager (hit CTRL then ALT then DELETE keys in that order keeping them all depressed; a blue screen will come up with a bunch of options--choose 'launch task manager.' The blue screen will close and task manager will pop up on your desktop...

2) Make sure you are on the 'Processes' tab

3) Scroll down to Background Processes

4) FInd anything called 'AirDroid 3 (32-bit),' right click on it, and select 'End Task'

5) AirDroid will completely shut down

As far as I can tell, there is no slicker way to do this...

I have no idea why you can't right click and shut down the App directly from its widget. I am frustrated that they didn't give you this option--when I want software to run, I want it running. I don't like stuff running in the background, sucking up memory and resources, unless I really want it to be there. Not a great way to write software. This may be a reason why I decide to go with one of AirDroid's competitors.

Hope this helps.

(Sorry if the walk through of task manager was too basic, but I get frustrated when I read how-tos that assume that I know how to do something, no matter how simple...)
J Lebowitz
Niki Admin

Looked far and wide and could not finda better answer: the only way I know how to do this is to launch Windows Task Manager and shut it down

1) Launch Windows Task Manager (hit CTRL then ALT then DELETE keys in that order keeping them all depressed; a blue screen will come up with a bunch of options--choose 'launch task manager.' The blue screen will close and task manager will pop up on your desktop...

2) Make sure you are on the 'Processes' tab

3) Scroll down to Background Processes

4) FInd anything called 'AirDroid 3 (32-bit),' right click on it, and select 'End Task'

5) AirDroid will completely shut down

As far as I can tell, there is no slicker way to do this...

I have no idea why you can't right click and shut down the App directly from its widget. I am frustrated that they didn't give you this option--when I want software to run, I want it running. I don't like stuff running in the background, sucking up memory and resources, unless I really want it to be there. Not a great way to write software. This may be a reason why I decide to go with one of AirDroid's competitors.

Hope this helps.

(Sorry if the walk through of task manager was too basic, but I get frustrated when I read how-tos that assume that I know how to do something, no matter how simple...)
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

We can right click and shut down the Airdroid directly from its widget
when its running on your computer.

Would you please send us a screenshot of the page when your right
click the Airdroid widget?

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
evg

здравствуйте, а почему у меня телефон андроид NT-628 открывает как Алан(мобильный), а в Meizu У10 - КАК локальное , и не всегда в мейзу могу зайти?
evg
Niki Admin

здравствуйте, а почему у меня телефон андроид NT-628 открывает как Алан(мобильный), а в Meizu У10 - КАК локальное , и не всегда в мейзу могу зайти?

Hi,

Thank you for your email.

Would you please tell us more details of your question?

It would be helpful if you could send us a screenshot of the error page.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235035

Latest Member: Seyar

Online: 39