Cannot set path to External Storage following the promptsquestion

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:39 am in General

page 2 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Lillian Admin

Re: Cannot set path to External Storage following the prompts

I have android 6.0.1, I have installed AirDroid 3.2.6. I am trying to transfer folders from my PC to the external SDCARD. NONE of the instructions worked to set the path for the transfer to the external SDCARD. Please give me workable instructions ASAP. If I can make it work, I will be forced to uninstall AIRDROID and request refund for my payment, even though it is a small amount, it's a matter of principle not to give money, no matter the amount for a useless app. Thanks

Hi, Would you please follow these steps:

1 Settings on your phone-->Applications-->Applications manager-->AirDroid-->Clear data-->OK.

2 Open AirDroid on your phone-->Files-->External SD, then you will get a popup to remind you to tell the external SD card path, click"OK".

3 Then you will see a screen below. Click the line "Select XXXXXXXX(the exact external SD card path on your phone)" in the bottom.

4 Then you will see the screen of the external SD card content,

Then back to the AirDroid main screen, and open "Files" "External SD" again, and you will be able to see and edit the external SD.
Lillian
Admin
gray

how do i transfer files to and from my moto g4 to my google drive???
gray
Lillian Admin

how do i transfer files to and from my moto g4 to my google drive???

Hi AirDroid helps you transfer files between phone and PC via PC client or web.airdroid.com, thus you may need to transfer fiels from phone to PC first, and then upload it to Google drive
Lillian
Admin
Sarj

I can write to the small internal card, but not the larger external one.
When I try, I'm shown the prompts on how to create that connection.
I go to my Samsung S5 and can find the turquoise "Files" and the purple "External SD".
Then I see the little instruction screen that says "To edit files on external San Diego card, please tell AirDroid...etc"
So far so good, and I click OK.
But the next screen that comes up (uploaded below for viewing) just says "Open From" and has one line under it: "Recent".
There's no reference to a card at all.

When I hit the back button, I can see all the folders on the External Card.(second pasting).
I just cannot seem to set that path so I can transfer files from the computer easily.
Of course, when I press "Done" on the computer, it comes back to say "Failed to grant the permission" since I didn't really accomplish anything in following the steps.

What could be going wrong?Image Image
Not sure if this is still an issue for some but I learned the very hard way how to fix this. I ended up uninstalling the app on my phone and then re-installing it. When the app asks you to follow the instructions, follow the process and where you need to click SD card, click the menu on top, you will see "SD Card" in there. Once you do that, your external SD card is accessible from your desktop piece.

Wish they gave clearer instruction on how to do this but glad I got it working finally.
Sarj
Solstice Man

I have android 6.0.1, I have installed AirDroid 3.2.6. I am trying to transfer folders from my PC to the external SDCARD. NONE of the instructions worked to set the path for the transfer to the external SDCARD. Please give me workable instructions ASAP. If I can make it work, I will be forced to uninstall AIRDROID and request refund for my payment, even though it is a small amount, it's a matter of principle not to give money, no matter the amount for a useless app. Thanks

Same here. After many years of using this app I've now given up because of the lack of support regarding this issue - I understand the increased security of android but the original point of this app was to transfer files from a PC to a phone. This is clearly no longer possible in its current state. The help screens don't match up with what is showing on my app meaning the step by step instructions are completely useless - don't suppose you could recommend an alternative app that can transfer files from a PC to an external SD on a phone? Rgds, Solstice Man
Solstice Man
Solstice Man

After many years of using this app I've now given up because of the lack of support regarding this issue - I understand the increased security of android but the original point of this app was to transfer files from a PC to a phone. This is clearly no longer possible in its current state. The help screens don't match up with what is showing on my app meaning the step by step instructions are completely useless - don't suppose you could recommend an alternative app that can transfer files from a PC to an external SD on a phone? Rgds, Solstice Man
Solstice Man
Jon

Hi.
I have a Moto G 3rd generation and Airdroid version 4.1.8.0.
Since my storage is merged with the SD card Airdroid fails to understand it - telling me to show the External SD Card which I do not have. Airdroid then says 'Unable to grant permission'.
So I cannot upload VIDEOS but that is no problem.
What I do is to upload FILES instead to where the Video location is.
I recommend everyone who have problems with VIDEOS to use FILES instead.
Have a nice day.
Jon
Niki Admin

Hi.
I have a Moto G 3rd generation and Airdroid version 4.1.8.0.
Since my storage is merged with the SD card Airdroid fails to understand it - telling me to show the External SD Card which I do not have. Airdroid then says 'Unable to grant permission'.
So I cannot upload VIDEOS but that is no problem.
What I do is to upload FILES instead to where the Video location is.
I recommend everyone who have problems with VIDEOS to use FILES instead.
Have a nice day.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced.

Please kindly go settings of your device, find memory & storage and check which storage have you set on the default location.

Do you set the External SD Card or internal storage as the default location.

Would you like to send us a screenshot of that page for a further check?

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 2 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 114