Nvidia Shield TV (2017) with Nougat

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:26 pm in General

page 1 / 1
daviddem
OP

Nvidia Shield TV (2017) with Nougat

Could someone confirm whether your latest version works properly with rooted / unrooted Nvidia Shield TV 2017 with Nougat (latest OTA)?

I am not rooted yet, but no way I can get the unrooted method to work. I connect the Shield to the PC via USB, but the Airdroid Windows desktop client never picks it up, even though I can "adb" the shield in a command line and it's visible in Explorer (yes I did enable USB debugging and USB in storage).

I would root but my only reason for doing so would be to get Airdroid to work, so I'd like a confirmation first.
daviddem
Niki Admin

Re: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) with Nougat

Could someone confirm whether your latest version works properly with rooted / unrooted Nvidia Shield TV 2017 with Nougat (latest OTA)?

I am not rooted yet, but no way I can get the unrooted method to work. I connect the Shield to the PC via USB, but the Airdroid Windows desktop client never picks it up, even though I can "adb" the shield in a command line and it's visible in Explorer (yes I did enable USB debugging and USB in storage).

I would root but my only reason for doing so would be to get Airdroid to work, so I'd like a confirmation first.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

It would be worked if you root the TV box.

By the way, we would like to know why you are in pursuit of this feature and when/where you will use it?

It would be much helpful for us to evaluate it and get closer to our users.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
daviddem

I travel a lot and I want to use my Shield as a torrenting box also, and to download stuff when I am not home. I have a limited data volume allocation every month so it's important to me to be able to control the Shield remotely to time my torrents and downloads, add some etc. I can't do that by running any kind of server on the Shield because I am being the strict NAT of my Internet provider. I tried Teamviewer but Teamviewer remote control doesn't work... Only remote viewing...

I will root and report back... Any clue why the unrooted method with usb didn't work?
daviddem
daviddem

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

It would be worked if you root the TV box.

By the way, we would like to know why you are in pursuit of this feature and when/where you will use it?

It would be much helpful for us to evaluate it and get closer to our users.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Reporting success establishing a remote control session from my PC to my Nvidia Shield TV after rooting.

However, is there a trick to control the tiles of the Leanback Launcher with the mouse? Every time I click, double click or right click on a tile, I am into editing mode, but I cannot find a way to actually launch the underlying app. I can work around this by going to settings -> apps and launching the apps from there though. Any tip about using the tiles of the leanback launcher?

edit: working now if I just double-click the tile, the app will start. All is well. Thanks for a great app.
daviddem
Niki Admin

Reporting success establishing a remote control session from my PC to my Nvidia Shield TV after rooting.

However, is there a trick to control the tiles of the Leanback Launcher with the mouse? Every time I click, double click or right click on a tile, I am into editing mode, but I cannot find a way to actually launch the underlying app. I can work around this by going to settings -> apps and launching the apps from there though. Any tip about using the tiles of the leanback launcher?

edit: working now if I just double-click the tile, the app will start. All is well. Thanks for a great app.
It's our pleasure that you like our app. We'll try our best to do it better.
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235471

Latest Member: Laksh

Online: 122