Disable ALL PC notificationssolved!

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:15 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Grant B

Disable ALL PC notifications

I may well be in the minority, but if my phone is ringing whilst it's sat next to me on the desk there is no value in having the PC telling me this as well. Especially when it takes 5 seconds or sometimes more to mute. I'm on the phone talking and the AD PC app is still going off. Even less helpful when my wife and her phone are in the next room and my laptop goes off with every call/SMS she gets. Both phones have the 'Notifications' box unticked, even removed my wife's phone from AD, deinstalled the app from her phone, and selected 'later' when reinstalling the app in an ultimately vain attempt to stop it annoying me on the laptop. All to no avail.
What others presumably find very helpful, in my use cases, is very annoying. I've unchecked the Notification box, what else am I missing to stop actually stop all the notifications?
Thanks,
Grant
Grant B
Coffee Admin

Re: Disable ALL PC notifications

@GrantB

Did you mean even you've removed your wife's phone from AirDroid, you still get notifications mirroring from that phone?! Did you uncheck the notification mirror service in AirDroid app? And if you don't want to receive any notifications, you can simply go to Settings in AirDroid Win/Mac > turn on "Mute Notifications":

More details: http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1785920-how-to-block-notification-pop-ups-of-specific-apps-

As to reply to SMS, do you mean quick reply to the SMS? Is there any error message when you failed to reply? Can you send message normally? 

If you're using Android 4.4+, you can't delete SMS via AirDroid, sorry.
Coffee
Admin
Grant B

And, the reply or delete SMS option have never worked on my Samsung S4 on Telstra.
Grant B
Coffee Admin

@GrantB

Did you mean even you've removed your wife's phone from AirDroid, you still get notifications mirroring from that phone?! Did you uncheck the notification mirror service in AirDroid app? And if you don't want to receive any notifications, you can simply go to Settings in AirDroid Win/Mac > turn on "Mute Notifications":

More details: http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1785920-how-to-block-notification-pop-ups-of-specific-apps-

As to reply to SMS, do you mean quick reply to the SMS? Is there any error message when you failed to reply? Can you send message normally? 

If you're using Android 4.4+, you can't delete SMS via AirDroid, sorry.
Coffee
Admin
Grant B

Thanks, the 'Mute' option does the trick, and I am running 4.4.2.
To clarify the issues:
- on both my S4 and my wife's S3, with the notifications mirror service box unticked, were both still sending all call and SMS notifications to the laptop
- the S3 did this even after removing from the laptop app, deinstalling from the S3, and reinstalling without selecting the 'enable notification' option.
Say to me the mirror service option on the android app is being ignored
- Cant reply to SMS, does come up with an error (but didn't take note, and cant recall), but can send a new one from the laptop app but have to type in the phone number. My S4 is connected over home wifi, shows the messages on the phone, but cant refresh contacts
Thanks,
Grant
Grant B
Coffee Admin

Notification Mirror doesn't include the notifications of phone calls and new messages. That's why you still get notifications Image

As to SMS reply, can you send SMS in an existing SMS conversion in AirDroid Win/Mac? Does this issue happen when you are using web.airdroid.com?  
Coffee
Admin
rahul

To get the free robux for the roblox free robux game then use my link for free to get robux for the free roblox robux game to play free online.
rahul
marigela

Your article is very useful, the content is also very good, I have read a lot of articles, but for your article it left me a deep impression, thank you for sharing it to the readers. temple run
marigela
barry

Your article is very useful, the content is also very good, I have read a lot of articles, but for your article it left me a deep impression, thank you for sharing it to the readers. GBWhatsApp
barry
Vern526

Click the. menu. Click. Settings. Click System. It's the first icon in the list. Click Notifications & actions. It's near the top of the left column. Scroll down to the “Notifications” section. Disable all app notifications. Disable notifications from specific apps krogerfeedback.
Vern526
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235389

Latest Member: manu

Online: 23