Is it possible to backup all data with AirDroidquestion

Wed May 06, 2015 3:04 am in General

page 1 / 1
Dhrumin Jariwal
OP

Is it possible to backup all data with AirDroid

Hello, 

I just installed this app and loving it. Loving whole Samsung world. I switched from iPhone to S6 Edge. 
I have cracked my display for my new phone so I need to mail it to Samsung for them to fix and I have been told they will also reset my device before sending me back. 

Question: So can I take my whole phone back with AirDroid? I am not sure how its possible. If not than do you recommend any apps? 

Please let me know!

Cheers,
DJ
Dhrumin Jariwal
VincentQiu

Re: Is it possible to backup all data with AirDroid

Hello, 

I just installed this app and loving it. Loving whole Samsung world. I switched from iPhone to S6 Edge. 
I have cracked my display for my new phone so I need to mail it to Samsung for them to fix and I have been told they will also reset my device before sending me back. 

Question: So can I take my whole phone back with AirDroid? I am not sure how its possible. If not than do you recommend any apps? 

Please let me know!

Cheers,
DJ 

Not at this time, what you want to back up ?

VincentQiu
Coffee Admin

Hello, 

Please let me know!

Cheers,
DJ 

Sorry that backup is not supported by AirDroid now. I've collected your feature request and we'll consider it :)

As to backup, if your device is rooted, you may try Titanium Backup.
Coffee
Admin
dizzydino

Looks like another unanswered dead thread here but just in case someone finds it as I did looking for answers, read on.

- Samsung website has several products to aid in backing up, the latest is Smart Switch.
- If an app needs to be installed on the phone, one can go to the Playstore on a desktop browser and install it.
- If someone needs to see the screen mirrored, a MHL to HDMI or other video adapter can be purchased.
- If someone needs to enter keys or use a mouse, a USB can be used via a OTG connector.
- Bluetooth is another way to go with the key entry although if not already connected, may need to be configured as I had, by switching back and forth from the video to keyboard until the bluetooth was enabled and paired. After that, I could control the phone unlimitedly.

The only drawback at this point was I could not OK the phone to Airdroid without seeing the screen at the same time as it had to be plugged into the USB of my PC via the OTG connector.

At the time of this writing, I had no options such as those outside of Canada which offered a compatible all-in-one solution, OTG to Video and USB out so I had to make due.

I guess I should say, after I accessed the phone the first time through the keyboard, I was able to back up all my data through the Samsung app Smart Switch and have since just been playing with it so I might be able to use it for something else like an AndroidBox for a video server.

Noteworthy...
The whole SDK is not required and just the ADB is available separately, can be downloaded and installed on the PC. This may be required with some apps.
There are a couple of apps on Playstore which can change developer options and USB Debugging on or off although I did not learn of them until after I did it manually through switching back and forth as above.

Hope this might help someone out there in the web æther.
dizzydino
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235446

Latest Member: Ebru İbis

Online: 15