What Happened to this Program?

Fri May 08, 2015 7:12 am in General

page 1 / 1
edwardswangren
OP

What Happened to this Program?

Seriously... what happened?  I used to use this service to, you know... transfer files to my Android phone via my Mac.  Sure, I can boot into Windows, but I'd rather not, and this worked.  For the most part. It didn't allow me to easily specify *where* I wanted my file to go, as in, you didn't show me the actual file structure, but it was good enough for some things.

Haven't used it in a while and tonight I wanted to copy a file over. I open your page and... huh?  How do I transfer files?  Where did that page go?  I see that you have a native client so, even though a bit frustrated at this point, I download it.  Run it.  Ok... you want to integrate with FB and other social services?  Why?  Why would I use this for anything but file transfer?  Why would I want you acting as a broker between me and social services?  Just... why?

Fine, whatever; your business model wasn't working and you decided to try and hop upon the social bandwagon like most flailing companies do.  I understand, don't care, find the file transfer view.  I try to drag it into your icon in the menu bar.  It disappears as soon as I start to drag the file from finder.  Good design there guys, not sure how you missed that one.

Ok, again; whatever.  I open the main app.  File transfer, found it.  Drag my file in, and... failed to send. Makes sense, not plugged in.  Fair enough.  Next up; my file will be available within *the next 7 days*?!  No indication of how I actually retrieve it?  You've got to be kidding me.  What a joke.

App deleted from Mac. App deleted from phone. You have become useless.  I just wanted to transfer a file, and your new design just wasted a bunch of my time and pissed me off.  The reboot into Windows took all of seven seconds.  Good luck guys, you're gonna need it.
edwardswangren
Coffee Admin

Re: What Happened to this Program?

Seriously... what happened?  I used to use this service to, you know... transfer files to my Android phone via my Mac.  Sure, I can boot into Windows, but I'd rather not, and this worked.  For the most part. It didn't allow me to easily specify *where* I wanted my file to go, as in, you didn't show me the actual file structure, but it was good enough for some things.

Haven't used it in a while and tonight I wanted to copy a file over. I open your page and... huh?  How do I transfer files?  Where did that page go?  I see that you have a native client so, even though a bit frustrated at this point, I download it.  Run it.  Ok... you want to integrate with FB and other social services?  Why?  Why would I use this for anything but file transfer?  Why would I want you acting as a broker between me and social services?  Just... why?

Fine, whatever; your business model wasn't working and you decided to try and hop upon the social bandwagon like most flailing companies do.  I understand, don't care, find the file transfer view.  I try to drag it into your icon in the menu bar.  It disappears as soon as I start to drag the file from finder.  Good design there guys, not sure how you missed that one.

Ok, again; whatever.  I open the main app.  File transfer, found it.  Drag my file in, and... failed to send. Makes sense, not plugged in.  Fair enough.  Next up; my file will be available within *the next 7 days*?!  No indication of how I actually retrieve it?  You've got to be kidding me.  What a joke.

App deleted from Mac. App deleted from phone. You have become useless.  I just wanted to transfer a file, and your new design just wasted a bunch of my time and pissed me off.  The reboot into Windows took all of seven seconds.  Good luck guys, you're gonna need it. 

Hi edwardswangren,

Thanks for your feedback. 

I think you planned to use web.airdroid.com? AirDroid web is still available to use. Just enter web.airdroid.com in a web browser and you can use it as usual :)

As to integrate AirDroid Win/Mac with FB? Do you mean sign in with FB account? If yes, it's only one method to sign in. You can choose to register an AirDroid account with your own email address. 

As to File available for 7 days, that means you upload that file via Remote Connection mode and the file is stored in AirDroid's server (it will be permanently deleted after 7 days). You can find that file in AirDroid app on your phone. More details about File transfer: http://help.airdroid.com/customer/portal/articles/1781974-file-transfer
Coffee
Admin
m0Jo

I don't use the Windoze app; still use the 'web.airdroid.com' interface ... works as advertised, though typing SMS messages longer than 160 characters, without it breaking up into little many messages (even when the message is a few characters over 160, it breaks it up into 4-5 separate SMS text messages), stopped working a few versions ago.  :-(

m0Jo
m0Jo
Coffee Admin

I don't use the Windoze app; still use the 'web.airdroid.com' interface ... works as advertised, though typing SMS messages longer than 160 characters, without it breaking up into little many messages (even when the message is a few characters over 160, it breaks it up into 4-5 separate SMS text messages), stopped working a few versions ago.  :-(

m0Jo 

Sorry that SMS will split into several parts on your side if you are using Android 4.4.x. But the recipient will receive it as a whole message.

As Google has changed the mechanism of Android, if your phone is running Android 4.4+, a text message will be split into several parts on your side while the recipient receives one whole message. We did try to find a workaround to this problem, but due to technical limitations, we didn’t find a perfect solution. However, we’ll keep on searching for a fix. 

Sorry again for any inconvenience this may have caused :(
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235061

Latest Member: shoaib

Online: 6