Security for remote access without confirmationquestion

Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:08 am in General

page 1 / 1
airdroid
OP

Security for remote access without confirmation

I have a scenario I'm playing with whereby I remotely activate AirDroid on my Android phone and email myself with my phone's current IP. The idea being that if my phone is in another room or my bag and I'm at a PC/tablet/whatever, I can still access messages etc. without having to get up off my lazy backside!

So, in order to achieve this I have disabled the Setting in AirDroid on Android that says Require Confirmation. Otherwise I'd still have to get my phone and click accept - somewhat defeating my objective!

So, everything works fine EXCEPT that if someone happened to guess my IP on the same network while AirDroid was running, they could easily boot me off and have free access to everything AirDroid offers... not good!

Is there any way around this? I was thinking perhaps have a pre-shared key or a username and password from within the web client? Also, an option within the web client to shut AirDroid down on my when would be great (because I can't automate this on my non-rooted phone).

Is anyone doing anything similar? If it's relevant, I'm using the Lite/free version.

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.
airdroid
Coffee Admin

Re: Security for remote access without confirmation

Don't have the feature you request now. Will consider that.

But why not use AirDroid with account on web.airdroid.com? You don't need to get your phone, just sign in with the same AirDroid account.
Coffee
Admin
airdroid

Re: Security for remote access without confirmation

I thought if I connected over web.airdroid.com then my comms are going via the Internet rather than local Wifi so they'd be slower - and with my bad Internet connection, flakey too. Is this not the case? If that's not the case and it does still somehow go via local wifi, then your suggestion is a good solution. :-)

It would still be nice to be able to remotely shutdown the app.
airdroid
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235017

Latest Member: fff

Online: 49