Possible to connect(send notifications) only on local WLAN ?question

Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:39 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Mathaeusxs
OP

Possible to connect(send notifications) only on local WLAN ?

Hy, i have question... have set up everyting and its working great... what i dont like is that when im on any WLAN connection(work, public, local(my),....) i get notifications on my PC... so im wondering it is possible to send notifications only when its connected to local WLAN(same network as my PC) ?
Dre likes this post.
Mathaeusxs
Coffee Admin

Re: Possible to connect(send notifications) only on local WLAN ?

Hy, i have question... have set up everyting and its working great... what i dont like is that when im on any WLAN connection(work, public, local(my),....) i get notifications on my PC... so im wondering it is possible to send notifications only when its connected to local WLAN(same network as my PC) ?

Sorry that this is not supported. We'll consider it in future updates. Can you tell me why you need this feature?
Coffee
Admin
Mathaeusxs

thank you for answer, looking forward to it :)
the reason why im asking is that at my home GSM reception is rly bad, and i have my phone on some location(top of house) where there is some GSM reception, but im not around my phone tho, so i dont see any calls, messages,... with your app i can see them on my pc, and even send messages, call/answer somebody(using my headset)... and its great xD(mybe someday you will even set up to make a call and answer it(talk) via PC :)

mybe better way to say what my problem is: privacy... when im out i usually have my phone with me so i dont need to send notifications to my PC which is online all time and sometimes somebody else is using it... so i dont want them to see my phone business :)

for now i solve my problem by manual starting AirDroid Win, and my problem comes by that: i will say that im lazy and sometimes forget to start it or close it... :)
Mathaeusxs
Coffee Admin

thank you for answer, looking forward to it Image
the reason why im asking is that at my home GSM reception is rly bad, and i have my phone on some location(top of house) where there is some GSM reception, but im not around my phone tho, so i dont see any calls, messages,... with your app i can see them on my pc, and even send messages, call/answer somebody(using my headset)... and its great xD(mybe someday you will even set up to make a call and answer it(talk) via PC Image

mybe better way to say what my problem is: privacy... when im out i usually have my phone with me so i dont need to send notifications to my PC which is online all time and sometimes somebody else is using it... so i dont want them to see my phone business Image

for now i solve my problem by manual starting AirDroid Win, and my problem comes by that: i will say that im lazy and sometimes forget to start it or close it... Image

Thanks for the continuous feedback XD Well, you still need to start AirDroid manually :D But we'll consider it.
Coffee
Admin
Dre

Thanks for the continuous feedback XD Well, you still need to start AirDroid manually :D But we'll consider it.

so is this feature available yet? coz if im not at my PC (not connected to the same wifi) then I dont need my phone to waste its resources by sending data to my PC. i think this makes sense. so it should only connect devices that are in close proximity (same wifi connection in my case). everything else looks great! nice app
Dre
jaikapoor

Obviously bugs in the web app (Chrome on Windows 10 pro). The desktop app says it is a local connection (which it is). Web app states remote connection (incorrect, both devices connected via wireless ac and same network and subnet). I can ping and telnet to my phone without issue. Web app takes forever to do anything (I assume due to it thinking it is remote access) but desktop app is fine. Needs more work on the web app....
https://bluestacks.vip/ https://textnow.vip/ https://photomath.vip/
jaikapoor
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235019

Latest Member: lying lichen

Online: 45