Ghost Windows in Win 8.0question

Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:05 pm in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
gaz umped
OP

Ghost Windows in Win 8.0

I've been annoyed for a while by two 'ghost' windows on my laptop desktop - with all apps closed, my desktop background is fully visible but there are two faint oblong outlines like the shadows of missing pictures on a wall. I can't click on them, drag them or close them down, and while they don't obstruct anything - open an app and the app window is fully visible despite the outline taking up 10-15% of the screen. I can happily click on items 'behind' it. But it's a serious distraction.

I have been changing desktops and killing apps and processes more or less at random for a while looking for the culprit - and I finally found it. Kill AirDroid and my window ghosts are gone. Weird. I'll uninstall and reinstall the app, but if anyone else has ghosts, you know who's likely to blame!

Anyone else had this experience? If uninstall/ reinstall doesn't work, any suggestions?
gaz umped
Sida.AirDroid Admin

Re: Ghost Windows in Win 8.0

Hi

Would you upload a screenshot of the issue?
It sounds like a known bug of AirDroid Windows. Some times the outline of the main window will stay on the screen after closed.
We are working on it, but unfortunately we haven't found a solution yet.
Sida.AirDroid
Admin
Kristin

Same issue here. Windows 8.1, 64-bit (lenovo X1 Carbon touch). Screenshot attached.
Kristin
Matthew Lucas

I'm having this exact same problem. The issue occurred on Windows 8.1, and it continues to occur on Windows 10.
Matthew Lucas
Coffee Admin

Sorry that it's a known bug and we're still working on it. Pls kindly stay tuned :)
Coffee
Admin
Brian

Some detail that might help; When those artifacts show up, I can't get rid of them by closing AirDroid 3. (The windowed desktop app) I have to close the AirDroid Widget in order for them to be cleared.

The strangest thing to me is that they appear in an area of my screen where I know no AirDroid windows have previously appeared.

Anyway... looking forward to an update. Love the app so far!
Brian
Coffee Admin

Some detail that might help; When those artifacts show up, I can't get rid of them by closing AirDroid 3. (The windowed desktop app) I have to close the AirDroid Widget in order for them to be cleared.

The strangest thing to me is that they appear in an area of my screen where I know no AirDroid windows have previously appeared.

Anyway... looking forward to an update. Love the app so far!

Thanks for the info :)
Coffee
Admin
John Edgardh

We are still getting the artifact. I have noticed that it has the same position as the launcher window.The app is great but i have to close it everytime im done using it to get rid of the super annoying artifact
John Edgardh
sake23

The problem is still here.... (on windows 10). It's a pain...
sake23
BMS4

sake23 wrote:The problem is still here.... (on windows 10). It's a pain...

Any update on this?
BMS4
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235018

Latest Member: amir

Online: 47