AirDroid Uninstalled and Send via AirDroid still on Context Menu

Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:49 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Darvan
OP

AirDroid Uninstalled and Send via AirDroid still on Context Menu

Hi,

I have a issue I'm using Windows 10 I had the previous version of AirDroid installed after my upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I notice my context menu on the Power User Menu wasn't working I've read that it was due to part of a conflict with AirDroid so I uninstalled it the uninstall went without any issue's but on the right click context menu it stills says Send via AirDroid even through the app is no longer installed
Darvan
Darvan

Re: AirDroid Uninstalled and Send via AirDroid still on Context Menu

Does anyone know where this is stored in the registry so I may remove myself ?
Darvan
Darvan

Fixed it,

AirDroidContextMenu.dll was the file that was loading the context menu option. I uninstalled AirDroid and that was left behind in it's directly I had to basically kill explorer then then open a command prompt deleted the file then reloaded explorer marked the directed so that it could be deleted it was set as read only and reboot the issue I had with Win+X was also fixed with the removal of AirDroid
2 people like this post.
Darvan
Coffee Admin

Fixed it,

AirDroidContextMenu.dll was the file that was loading the context menu option. I uninstalled AirDroid and that was left behind in it's directly I had to basically kill explorer then then open a command prompt deleted the file then reloaded explorer marked the directed so that it could be deleted it was set as read only and reboot the issue I had with Win+X was also fixed with the removal of AirDroid

Hi,

Sorry that the Win+X issue is a bug on our side and we'll fix it in next AirDroid Win/Mac update. Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused :(
Coffee
Admin
Byrdawg

Thank you for posting a fix that was bugging the heck out of me.
Byrdawg
Aquinox

Fixed it,

Where exactly can I find this .DLL file?

Also, is it possible to remove Air Droid from the context menu while keeping it installed?

Tried using Shellex and Shell viewers, and also tried scanning through the registry but found nothing close to "Airdroid" so didn't know what to edit.

Please help me get rid of this crap.
Aquinox
THECAIDA

Aquinox wrote:Where exactly can I find this .DLL file?

Also, is it possible to remove Air Droid from the context menu while keeping it installed?

Tried using Shellex and Shell viewers, and also tried scanning through the registry but found nothing close to "Airdroid" so didn't know what to edit.

Please help me get rid of this crap.

the name is
​AirShellExtContextMenuHandler.AirContextMenu
THECAIDA
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235025

Latest Member: محمد رحمتی

Online: 42