AirDroid Web - Failed to Upload. No permission to write to external SD card

Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:22 pm in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
kent.c.chen
OP

AirDroid Web - Failed to Upload. No permission to write to external SD card

For some reason, I randomly started getting an error when trying to upload files to an extSD card through Airdroid Web.

Client: Airdroid v3.1.5.1
Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S5
Phone OS: Android 4.4.4
Desktop Browser and OS: Windows 10, Google Chrome 44.0.2403.157

I can verify that I have root access, and that I HAVE successfully modified permissions.xml (using an app, rather than a manual edit), and can verify that permissions.xml contains settings for <group gid="media_rw" />.

This popped up about 4 days ago, with no changes done on my part (except for automatic updates on AirDroid).

Anyone else having this problem?
kent.c.chen
Coffee Admin

Re: AirDroid Web - Failed to Upload. No permission to write to external SD card

@kent.c.chen

Hi,

You can access the extSD with previous version? And now with the new version, you can only access it randomly? Is there a step-by-step operation to reproduce this?
Coffee
Admin
qwerty77

Hello @Admin Coffee I'm having this issue as well. I was able to upload files days ago and now I can't upload anything on my extsdcard. I also tried reverting back to a previous version of the app (3.1.5 etc) but still the same. My permission is also modified according the fix I've found on the XDA forums (the same fix you specified here on your website) yet I wasn't able to upload anything to my extsdcard.

Client: Airdroid v3.1.5.1
Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S3 (International)
Phone OS: Custom ROM based on Android 4.4.4
Desktop Browser and OS: Windows 8.1, Firefox 40.0.2
qwerty77
kent.c.chen

@kent.c.chen

Hi,

You can access the extSD with previous version? And now with the new version, you can only access it randomly? Is there a step-by-step operation to reproduce this?
Unfortunately, no, I can't reproduce this. I am doing a web upload right now, and it's working. No idea why it's working now. And I don't have any idea how to get it to NOT work either. There isn't a set of steps, procedures, etc that I can identify that would reproduce the error.

I haven't changed anything about my software configuration (on my phone or PC). I haven't rebooted my phone, and I haven't installed or removed any software since my original post less than 24 hours ago.
kent.c.chen
kent.c.chen

And now I disconnected, re-connected via Web Airdroid, and I am getting the same errors again.

I did also try closing all apps (including manually closing the airdroid process in background), and doing both a cold & warm reboot, to see if the issue is related to Airdroid re-connecting or already being in-memory. Again, no luck on this in identifying steps to reproduce. All of these efforts lead directly to the original error (Failed to upload).
kent.c.chen
Coffee Admin

@qwerty77 @kent.c.chen

Thanks for the feedback. I've forwarded to the developers and they're looking into this now. Will get back to you when there's any update :)
Coffee
Admin
kent.c.chen

@qwerty77 @kent.c.chen

Thanks for the feedback. I've forwarded to the developers and they're looking into this now. Will get back to you when there's any update Image
If I can be of any assistance with this, please let the developers know that I am available to help.

I can provide them access to log files, and/or remote control of my android device for them to test and poke around.
kent.c.chen
Coffee Admin

@kent.c.chen

Thanks! I'll let you know if we need any help :)
Coffee
Admin
qwerty77

Any updates on this?
qwerty77
Coffee Admin

@qwerty77 @kent.c.chen

I'll send you a test version on this when there's one :) (Very soon)
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235037

Latest Member: Dr. J T

Online: 44