Cannot set path to External Storage following the promptsquestion

Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:39 am in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Milo
OP

Cannot set path to External Storage following the prompts

I can write to the small internal card, but not the larger external one.
When I try, I'm shown the prompts on how to create that connection.
I go to my Samsung S5 and can find the turquoise "Files" and the purple "External SD".
Then I see the little instruction screen that says "To edit files on external San Diego card, please tell AirDroid...etc"
So far so good, and I click OK.
But the next screen that comes up (uploaded below for viewing) just says "Open From" and has one line under it: "Recent".
There's no reference to a card at all.

When I hit the back button, I can see all the folders on the External Card.(second pasting).
I just cannot seem to set that path so I can transfer files from the computer easily.
Of course, when I press "Done" on the computer, it comes back to say "Failed to grant the permission" since I didn't really accomplish anything in following the steps.

What could be going wrong?

2015-11-11 02.35.22.png

2015-11-11 02.33.04.png
Milo
Coffee Admin

Re: Cannot set path to External Storage following the prompts

I go to my Samsung S5 and can find the turquoise "Files" and the purple "External SD".
Then I see the little instruction screen that says "To edit files on external San Diego card, please tell AirDroid...etc"
But the next screen that comes up (uploaded below for viewing) just says "Open From" and has one line under it: "Recent".

When I hit the back button, I can see all the folders on the External Card.(second pasting).
I just cannot seem to set that path so I can transfer files from the computer easily.
Of course, when I press "Done" on the computer, it comes back to say "Failed to grant the permission" since I didn't really accomplish anything in following the steps.

What could be going wrong?Image Image

Hi,

Tap the overflow icon, show hidden files and try again:

Coffee
Admin
Chuck Johnson

Coffee wrote:

What could be going wrong?Image Image
Hi,

Tap the overflow icon, show hidden files and try again:

Having the same issues here. I see this message, but do not see the same thing as displayed in Step 2. I do not have the top bar in the 2nd screen, giving me the option to select SD Card. Even after unhiding hidden files.

2015-11-18_18-05-54.jpg
Chuck Johnson
Coffee Admin

Hi,

Try the test version here to see if it helps: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl.airdroid.com/AirDroid-Test-3152-0910.apk
Coffee
Admin
Chuck Johnson

Coffee wrote:Hi,

Try the test version here to see if it helps: https://s3.amazonaws.com/dl.airdroid.com/AirDroid-Test-3152-0910.apk

Uninstalled AirDroid and re-installed from the above link. I still cannot set the external storage path. I still do not get the bar as displayed in Step 2. It's preventing me from being able to manage data on my external card from my desktop app.
Chuck Johnson
Coffee Admin

Uninstalled AirDroid and re-installed from the above link. I still cannot set the external storage path. I still do not get the bar as displayed in Step 2. It's preventing me from being able to manage data on my external card from my desktop app.
Hi,

Can you pls try the latest version of AirDroid to see if it helps? The new update fixed a bug in Files that prevents external SD card from getting detected: Get AirDroid Android v3.1.6

BTW, what's the Android version of your phone? Manage files in extSD is not supported on Android 4.4 :(
Coffee
Admin
jaladi thirumal

I am using Latest Version of Airdroid and Using Lolipop version . Moto E2 2nd generation mobile. i followed by going to files and i am able to see external sd card.but it is not giving any option to select external sd card path as you mentioned in the previous screens. when i open external sd card, it is displaying all files and able to manage files. I am unable to set storage path if i receive any files from PC/Laptop. please look into this clearly and provide correct solution.
jaladi thirumal
a

Click the right-top menu icon, you will see the storage volumes. Do as follows and make sure your selected path is
the root path of SD Card, if not, plz select again, or you will have no permission to write on SD Card.

a
Hany Ahmed

ااhooooooooo
Hany Ahmed
olgramobe

I have android 6.0.1, I have installed AirDroid 3.2.6. I am trying to transfer folders from my PC to the external SDCARD. NONE of the instructions worked to set the path for the transfer to the external SDCARD. Please give me workable instructions ASAP. If I can make it work, I will be forced to uninstall AIRDROID and request refund for my payment, even though it is a small amount, it's a matter of principle not to give money, no matter the amount for a useless app. Thanks
olgramobe
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235024

Latest Member: d

Online: 29