Airdroid doesn't work on new phone (Push Service disabled, no SMS, no Mirroring)

Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:26 am in General

page 1 / 1
paulietheboss
OP

Airdroid doesn't work on new phone (Push Service disabled, no SMS, no Mirroring)

• SMS does not work, I can't send or even view them (Failed to connect the device. Please check the network and try again)
  • Push Service shows as enabled, but disconnected at the same time (see image link below)
  • Mirroring does not even appear to be an option
  • I can't seem to connect via the web version of airdroid at all.
However, on the desktop app, notifications do show!

I'm using an S7 Edge. I had the same setup on my s5 (airdroid, using Textra as my SMS client) and could mirror and see/send SMS without issue.

Here is a screenshot of Push Service showing as enabled/disconnected: http://i.imgur.com/f2yXfdQ.png

Here is a screenshot of me attempting to run the Diagnostic Tool: http://i.imgur.com/UrMS4QW.png

Resigning URL appears to have no effect.
Brad Colby likes this post.
paulietheboss
Brad Colby

Re: Airdroid doesn't work on new phone (Push Service disabled, no SMS, no Mirroring)

I have the exact same issue....but it only happened after I did the latest Android update.

Help please!
paulietheboss likes this post.
Brad Colby
paulietheboss

Re: Airdroid doesn't work on new phone (Push Service disabled, no SMS, no Mirroring)

Brad Colby wrote:I have the exact same issue....but it only happened after I did the latest Android update.

Help please!

Still not had a reply from airdroid here or on twitter :/

It's "nice" to know it's not just me though!
paulietheboss
paulietheboss

I have the exact same issue....but it only happened after I did the latest Android update.

Help please!

Just so you know, Airdroid finally replied to my email. They asked me to go into Help / Get More Help / Click here / and run a report which gets automatically sent to them.

It's also worth noting I installed everything on my home pc and both the desktop and web client worked for me, so I think at least in my case it is a firewall issue at my work. However I don't understand why I can still see notifications on the desktop client, but not use the web client or interact with SMS.
paulietheboss
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235460

Latest Member: Abdul hamid

Online: 63