Allowing Airdroid through a firewall

Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:24 pm in General

page 1 / 1
griegomas
OP

Allowing Airdroid through a firewall

Hi,

We deployed an Android device with Airdroid on it to a customers location. Their firewall is blocking Airdroid. What do they need to allow on the firewall in order for us to access the device?

Thanks,
Joel
griegomas
Lillian Admin

Re: Allowing Airdroid through a firewall

Hi Joel,
Please check firewall allows AirDroid to work. Please check these steps: Control Panel-->All Control Panel Items--> Windows firewall-->Allow a program or feature through windows firewall--> change settings--> check "AirDroid"-->click OK. see the pictures below:

Lillian
Admin
griegomas

lillian wrote:Hi Joel,
Please check firewall allows AirDroid to work. Please check these steps: Control Panel-->All Control Panel Items--> Windows firewall-->Allow a program or feature through windows firewall--> change settings--> check "AirDroid"-->click OK. see the pictures below:

This is a business I am talking about, they have an enterprise class firewall that is blocking the traffic, not a windows machine. What we need to know is the ports and/or any web addresses that need to be allowed on their end. To be clear, the device I want to remote into is behind their firewall.

Thanks
griegomas
Lillian Admin

This is a business I am talking about, they have an enterprise class firewall that is blocking the traffic, not a windows machine. What we need to know is the ports and/or any web addresses that need to be allowed on their end. To be clear, the device I want to remote into is behind their firewall.

Thanks

Hi Joel, Sorry that AirDroid can't do much to get through the enterprise firewall.
Lillian
Admin
Bryant+Smith

Hi Joel, Sorry that AirDroid can't do much to get through the enterprise firewall.

I just started using AirDroid yesterday as it has more competitive pricing than Pushbullet. I immediately ran into this issue. This is a deal breaker. Pushbullet works fine with corporate firewalls. AirDroid does not even though complaints have been around for a while:

http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12377&hilit=corporate+firewall&start=0
Bryant+Smith
Tom Stock

I just started using AirDroid yesterday as it has more competitive pricing than Pushbullet. I immediately ran into this issue. This is a deal breaker. Pushbullet works fine with corporate firewalls. AirDroid does not even though complaints have been around for a while:

http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12377&hilit=corporate+firewall&start=0

Same here. I was using Pushbullet at work just fine, then switched to AirDroid for it's pricing. Looks like it's a no-go though through corporate firewalls. It looks like Pushbullet has a leg up in that capability.

Too bad that AirDroid cannot figure out how to use the same methodology.
Tom Stock
LucasMac

I have ended my Premium because I can't use this behind the firewall at my Corporate Office. I will be switching to Pushbullet, this needs to be changed to use HTTPS (443) so that it will work behind most firewalls.
LucasMac
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235020

Latest Member: janny

Online: 45