Downloading as zip Not Working

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:31 pm in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
laurenbsag
OP

Downloading as zip Not Working

[I am reposting this no longer as a "question" in hopes it will be seen now and get a response]

Downloading as zip is not working.

Here is information on my devcies etc.:

1. phone: samsung S6
2. computer: Macbook Pro
3. Using: web.airdroid.com
4. connection: "Local Connection Mode"

Usually nothing appears in the "downloads" bar, but when it does (as you see in the screenshot) nothing happens. It just spins indefinitely. I have tried multiple things to fix this and no luck.

How can I download multiple files? It seems many have issues with this and I echo them all in saying downloading one at a time is not really a reasonable option.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-06-21 at 5.07.09 PM.png
laurenbsag
jane

Re: Downloading as zip Not Working

help! Trying to download music to my phone from Chrome book
jane
Lillian Admin

help! Trying to download music to my phone from Chrome book

Hi Jane, would you please send us a screenshot of the error msg when it failed to download the music?

Please try to download the large files separatedly if those are files with large size
Lillian
Admin
Dave

I'm no longer able to download a zip of photos from my Google Pixel (connected via web.airdroid.com in Local mode). It directs to a page at http://192.168.0.102:8888/sdctl/zip/Photos_downloaded_by_AirDroid.zip?7bb=85c942ccc2e25594df3e82dbab4f7fe4&des=1 which displays just the text {"err": "forbidden"}

I can download individual photos without any problems. This used to work fine, something has broken with an update. AirDroid version is 4.1.5.0, Android 8.0.0 with latest security update.

Thanks,
David
Dave
Niki Admin

I'm no longer able to download a zip of photos from my Google Pixel (connected via web.airdroid.com in Local mode). It directs to a page at http://192.168.0.102:8888/sdctl/zip/Photos_downloaded_by_AirDroid.zip?7bb=85c942ccc2e25594df3e82dbab4f7fe4&des=1 which displays just the text {"err": "forbidden"}

I can download individual photos without any problems. This used to work fine, something has broken with an update. AirDroid version is 4.1.5.0, Android 8.0.0 with latest security update.

Thanks,
David

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Have you try to uninstall the app and reinstall it again?

Hope this would help.

If the problem still exists,would you please send us your log file of your phone and PC so that we can give you a check?
(Kindly note that there is no personal data collected and the required info is for further checking the issue.)
You can find the log files here:
Windows:
1. Please enter “%appdata%\airdroid\logs” on Windows explorer and you will find the log files.
2. Please enter “%appdata%\airdroid\exception” on Windows explorer and you will find the log files.

Phone:
/sdcard/airdroid/exception.log
SD Card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/
SD card/Android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log

If this issue showed up on October 9, then please forward files named by 20171009 to us.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Ivo

Hi Niki,
it's the same for me. Downloading of multiple pictures when being connected in a LAN does not work anymore. I get exactly the same error message, as David describes. My Airdroid version is 4.1.5.0, too. I use a Galaxy S4 Android 5.0.1.
I reinstalled Airdroid, but this did not change anything, it still doesn't work. Also I ad a look at the logs you were pointing out, there seems to be nothing special in them. The exception.log shoes an exception of Dec 2014 (strange, since I reinstalled the app - seems like not all files being removed after an uninstall), the mail.log looks like this (2 tries and 2 starts of the app), see below.

To me this looks like a bug, because it has worked fine the last time I used it some weeks ago.

Cheers, Ivo
[left]2017-10-11 20:56:57,357 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationManager] - GCM_ID: , 0, 30214
2017-10-11 20:56:57,358 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationManager] - Account: ,
2017-10-11 20:56:57,516 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationManager] - GCM_ID: , 0, 30214
2017-10-11 20:56:57,517 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationManager] - Account: ,
2017-10-11 20:56:57,531 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - gcmRegistration
2017-10-11 20:56:57,825 - [WARN -CampaignsReceiver] - install referrer: utm_source=google-play&utm_medium=organic
2017-10-11 20:57:04,367 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - GCM Register on Server Succeed.
2017-10-11 20:57:24,841 - [WARN -com.sand.airdroid.servers.managers.event.EventServiceManager] - startEventService
2017-10-11 20:57:29,433 - [INFO -ConnectionConfigHttpHandler] - response = {"data":{"lab":{"enable_connection_update":true,"enable_forwardurl_refresh":true}},"msg":"","code":1}
2017-10-11 20:57:29,433 - [INFO -ConnectionConfigHttpHandler] - response.enable_forwardurl_refresh = true
2017-10-11 20:57:29,434 - [INFO -ConnectionConfigHttpHandler] - response.enable_connection_update = true
2017-10-11 20:58:05,908 - [INFO -AirDroidService] - cause by stop code 6
2017-10-11 21:03:15,182 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationManager] - GCM_ID: eKilaLySIX0:APA91bH01WZN7RtyTtJj9WpiXMX_NWYPGBm3TKBEamLRWe3PttBTTmyCEmzrrS-p4-0aEZKVMI1F9fCAW1tQgIq5M_tp2T9NNp2ngoFp2H6oZXi_gb3VvW7w2JrwdAMj4PdjOjoYvxPz, 30214, 30214
2017-10-11 21:03:15,204 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationManager] - Account: ,
2017-10-11 21:03:15,280 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationManager] - GCM_ID: eKilaLySIX0:APA91bH01WZN7RtyTtJj9WpiXMX_NWYPGBm3TKBEamLRWe3PttBTTmyCEmzrrS-p4-0aEZKVMI1F9fCAW1tQgIq5M_tp2T9NNp2ngoFp2H6oZXi_gb3VvW7w2JrwdAMj4PdjOjoYvxPz, 30214, 30214
2017-10-11 21:03:15,280 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationManager] - Account: ,
2017-10-11 21:03:15,323 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - gcmRegistration
2017-10-11 21:03:16,956 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - GCM Register on Server Succeed.
2017-10-11 21:03:20,247 - [WARN -com.sand.airdroid.servers.managers.event.EventServiceManager] - startEventService
2017-10-11 21:04:50,291 - [INFO -AirDroidService] - cause by stop code 6
[/left]
Ivo
Dave

I don't see any "exception" files. Deleting and re-installing the app had no impact. I'm using a web browser (Firefox 54.0 64bit on Linux) to connect to it through web.airdroid.com so there are no logs on the client side. I was going to post my "main.log" file here as you say it doesn't contain any personal information, but I don't think I believe that. I see my phone's ID, other ID's, tokens, etc. I have a paid subscription for AirDroid and downloading photos in bulk is almost my sole use for it, I'm not impressed at this point.

David
Dave
Niki Admin

I don't see any "exception" files. Deleting and re-installing the app had no impact. I'm using a web browser (Firefox 54.0 64bit on Linux) to connect to it through web.airdroid.com so there are no logs on the client side. I was going to post my "main.log" file here as you say it doesn't contain any personal information, but I don't think I believe that. I see my phone's ID, other ID's, tokens, etc. I have a paid subscription for AirDroid and downloading photos in bulk is almost my sole use for it, I'm not impressed at this point.

David

Hi Dave,

Please kindly download the following package and check if it works.
https://dl.airdroid.com/20171012170522_ ... ip_log.apk

If it still fail,would you please provide us with your logs? (Kindly note that there is no personal data collected and the required info is for further checking the issue.)

Steps: open AirDroid on your phone>Me>Settings>About>Feedback.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
Niki Admin

Hi Niki,
it's the same for me. Downloading of multiple pictures when being connected in a LAN does not work anymore. I get exactly the same error message, as David describes. My Airdroid version is 4.1.5.0, too. I use a Galaxy S4 Android 5.0.1.
I reinstalled Airdroid, but this did not change anything, it still doesn't work. Also I ad a look at the logs you were pointing out, there seems to be nothing special in them. The exception.log shoes an exception of Dec 2014 (strange, since I reinstalled the app - seems like not all files being removed after an uninstall), the mail.log looks like this (2 tries and 2 starts of the app), see below.

To me this looks like a bug, because it has worked fine the last time I used it some weeks ago.

Cheers, Ivo
Hi,

If it still fail,would you please provide us with your logs? (Kindly note that there is no personal data collected and the required info is for further checking the issue.)

Steps: open AirDroid on your phone>Me>Settings>About>baFeedck.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
Ivo

Niki wrote:
Hi Niki,

Cheers, Ivo
Hi,

Best regards,

Hi Niki,
I tested the provided apk. The log is more verbose now. I will no longer upload it to the forum, as it contains local paths and file names of my photos.
Furthermore the test still fails. It worked one time to download multiple images as a zip. I got the popup (roughly translated from DE): "Service has been stopped by device..." sth like that. I have no screenshot. though. All following tries did not work anymore and showed the same behaviour as described in my previous post.
The feedback/bug report feature in the app has a bug, too. (No joking...) I've tried to send te logs as you described and I've also provided some description text. Nonetheless the app tells me, after having pressed "send" that I should provide at least 10 characters as a descrption lalala. I did provide a longer description, and I am not able to send the verbose logs. How do we proceed?
Regards, Ivo
Ivo
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234875

Latest Member: Somayeh

Online: 122