Am I the only one who misses local Wi-Fi support ?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:21 pm in General

page 1 / 1
scleinwand53
OP

Am I the only one who misses local Wi-Fi support ?

Apparently the last update removed support for local wi-fi. Now it appears (and somebody please tell me if I'm wrong) that the only way to connect airdroid is to log into their website. I presume that means that file transfers now have to go from my phone, across the internet to airdroid's servers, and then come back to me across the internet again.

If that's the only way to transfer data, (and again, I'd love to hear if I'm wrong) isn't that ridiculous, compared to a local wi-fi connection, where the data goes from my phone to my computer ?

I guess I can live with the change, but unless I'm missing something, it seems incredibly stupid to me. I could maybe understand not writing the code for a local wi-fi mode in the first place, but why remove existing code that's already been written ? Who is it hurting ?

I'm no airdroid expert, so comments, corrections, and feedback are very welcome. I hope I've missed some great new reason to use the website instead of local wi-fi.
scleinwand53
Lillian Admin

Re: Am I the only one who misses local Wi-Fi support ?

Apparently the last update removed support for local wi-fi. Now it appears (and somebody please tell me if I'm wrong) that the only way to connect airdroid is to log into their website. I presume that means that file transfers now have to go from my phone, across the internet to airdroid's servers, and then come back to me across the internet again.

If that's the only way to transfer data, (and again, I'd love to hear if I'm wrong) isn't that ridiculous, compared to a local wi-fi connection, where the data goes from my phone to my computer ?

I guess I can live with the change, but unless I'm missing something, it seems incredibly stupid to me. I could maybe understand not writing the code for a local wi-fi mode in the first place, but why remove existing code that's already been written ? Who is it hurting ?

I'm no airdroid expert, so comments, corrections, and feedback are very welcome. I hope I've missed some great new reason to use the website instead of local wi-fi.
Hi~Local connection is still available for AirDroid. Would you please tell us more details about that? What makes you think so? Is there any error message?THX
Lillian
Admin
Tristan ROBET

Re: Am I the only one who misses local Wi-Fi support ?

scleinwand53 wrote:Apparently the last update removed support for local wi-fi. Now it appears (and somebody please tell me if I'm wrong) that the only way to connect airdroid is to log into their website. I presume that means that file transfers now have to go from my phone, across the internet to airdroid's servers, and then come back to me across the internet again.

It has not been removed, it is just a really bad ergonomic evolution, or a defect : the local IP and port used to be displayed on the home page, now they are no more.

see : http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29651
Tristan ROBET
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235031

Latest Member: Leon1965too

Online: 35