album art substituted with photo from gallery

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:34 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Gustav Windt
OP

album art substituted with photo from gallery

I use FLAC files in my Music folder. The album art for the tracks don't seem to be available to most media players the way that .wav or .cda or .mp3 might do. It doesn't bother me not to have the album art. I use Bubble UPnP for my media player. It used to use a blank or avatared album art image in place of the unobtainable actual images.

I had to reset/restore my phone recently. Upon reinstalling Airdroid, I checked that my music had been properly restored from Cloud. So far so good. I noticed that there was the option to switch from list view to icon view. Taking that option, I was surprised to see that ALL my music files now have an image from my Photos folder inserted in place of the actual album art / or non-image as previously.

There does not seem to be a way to revert to the previous condition, nor is there a way to change or choose a different image to use in its place.

It is quite the assumption by the developers to build this behavior into the airdroid app. I have to say that I dislike it intensely. If it is presumed that an image must be used, at least have the decency to permit the user to make the choice as to which image from which location, and to revise default behaviors to a user preference. Have I made myself clear?
Gustav Windt
Lillian Admin

Re: album art substituted with photo from gallery

I use FLAC files in my Music folder. The album art for the tracks don't seem to be available to most media players the way that .wav or .cda or .mp3 might do. It doesn't bother me not to have the album art. I use Bubble UPnP for my media player. It used to use a blank or avatared album art image in place of the unobtainable actual images.

I had to reset/restore my phone recently. Upon reinstalling Airdroid, I checked that my music had been properly restored from Cloud. So far so good. I noticed that there was the option to switch from list view to icon view. Taking that option, I was surprised to see that ALL my music files now have an image from my Photos folder inserted in place of the actual album art / or non-image as previously.

There does not seem to be a way to revert to the previous condition, nor is there a way to change or choose a different image to use in its place.

It is quite the assumption by the developers to build this behavior into the airdroid app. I have to say that I dislike it intensely. If it is presumed that an image must be used, at least have the decency to permit the user to make the choice as to which image from which location, and to revise default behaviors to a user preference. Have I made myself clear?

Hi,
Do you mean that problem appears when you open the music files on your phone, or open music files on AirDroid? If the problem appears when you open it on AirDroid, would you please tell us it is Android AirDroid or web.airdroid.com?
Lillian
Admin
Gustav Windt

Hi,
Do you mean that problem appears when you open the music files on your phone, or open music files on AirDroid? If the problem appears when you open it on AirDroid, would you please tell us it is Android AirDroid or web.airdroid.com?

The condition occurs in either case, i.e. opening in airdroid on either the phone or the desktop to view the music folder contents, and whether or not an airdroid session is actively logged in it occurs in the Bubble UPnP media player, where it populates all listings in the playlist and/or playing now screens. What a surprise, huh.

My point is to encourage the developers to (1) step away from automating this action, and (2) if it seems so urgently needed to provide an alternate image where none is available at least expose the mechanism to give the user the choice of whether to use and image and from what source, i.e. provide a customization tool to the user for this option.
Gustav Windt
Charlene Admin

The condition occurs in either case, i.e. opening in airdroid on either the phone or the desktop to view the music folder contents, and whether or not an airdroid session is actively logged in it occurs in the Bubble UPnP media player, where it populates all listings in the playlist and/or playing now screens. What a surprise, huh.

My point is to encourage the developers to (1) step away from automating this action, and (2) if it seems so urgently needed to provide an alternate image where none is available at least expose the mechanism to give the user the choice of whether to use and image and from what source, i.e. provide a customization tool to the user for this option.

Hi Gustav,thank you for your prompt response.Sorry for any inconvenience that you have experienced.Could you please tell us the following info?

1. Phone model , Android OS version, AirDroid version;
2. Browser name and version;
3. Computer operating system name and version.

We will do everything we can to help you work it out.:)
Charlene
Admin
Gustav Windt

Hi Gustav,thank you for your prompt response.Sorry for any inconvenience that you have experienced.Could you please tell us the following info?

1. Phone model , Android OS version, AirDroid version;
2. Browser name and version;
3. Computer operating system name and version.

We will do everything we can to help you work it out.Image

To your questions, possibly relevant #1 - Droid Turbo, 5.1, 3.2.5. Irrelevant #2 and #3. Every instance tested brings the same result - the objectionable behavior is that of AirDroid, not of a browser or desktop operating system used to access it. And so far no substantive admission of the actual issue I raised, which is that of AirDroid acting on the phone in a manner inconsiderate of the user with respect to knowledge, consent, and control, at the very least. I've done my best to give you a clear idea, and would have to guess that to find yet another way to say the same thing would be unfruitful repetition.
Gustav Windt
dlols184@hهواوي

كميره
dlols184@hهواوي
Charlene Admin

To your questions, possibly relevant #1 - Droid Turbo, 5.1, 3.2.5. Irrelevant #2 and #3. Every instance tested brings the same result - the objectionable behavior is that of AirDroid, not of a browser or desktop operating system used to access it. And so far no substantive admission of the actual issue I raised, which is that of AirDroid acting on the phone in a manner inconsiderate of the user with respect to knowledge, consent, and control, at the very least. I've done my best to give you a clear idea, and would have to guess that to find yet another way to say the same thing would be unfruitful repetition.

Hi Gustav,thank you for your prompt response.Here comes a little tip for you.

A. Select songs to a folder
B. Put an image into the folder
C. Change the image's name from xxx.jpg to folder.jpg

Then it will be the cover of the folder.:)
Charlene
Admin
Gustav Windt

Hi Gustav,thank you for your prompt response.Here comes a little tip for you.

A. Select songs to a folder
B. Put an image into the folder
C. Change the image's name from xxx.jpg to folder.jpg

Then it will be the cover of the folder.Image

OK I will try that. Not a fix but a workaround. So be it. Thanks for your reply.
Gustav Windt
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235027

Latest Member: mamad

Online: 37