Texts not displaying on AirDroidquestion

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:32 am in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Terrance
OP

Texts not displaying on AirDroid

I just switched from a Galaxy 3 with 4.4.2, AirDroid texting worked flawless. Got a Note 7 with 6.0.1. Several times texts sent from phone will not display through AirDroid even after refresh and after signing back in. They are on the phone, they were responded too so I know they sent, but they still do not display through AirDroid.
anju likes this post.
Terrance
Lillian Admin

Re: Texts not displaying on AirDroid

I just switched from a Galaxy 3 with 4.4.2, AirDroid texting worked flawless. Got a Note 7 with 6.0.1. Several times texts sent from phone will not display through AirDroid even after refresh and after signing back in. They are on the phone, they were responded too so I know they sent, but they still do not display through AirDroid.

Hi, Would you please long press the messages on your phone and check the message type to see if they are MMS or group message? KIndly note that MMS and group messages are not available for now, thus they do not sync to AirDroid
Lillian
Admin
Terrance

Hi, Would you please long press the messages on your phone and check the message type to see if they are MMS or group message? KIndly note that MMS and group messages are not available for now, thus they do not sync to AirDroid

As opposed to "Text Message" the missing ones are "Advanced Messaging" which I have not heard of before. They are not MMS or group texts, they appear and were treated by Android 4.4.2 on my Galaxy 3 as regular messages, never had a problem. Apparently this lack of a problem has been fixed...that's what we keep feeding the MBA's for.

If you have a solution for this greatly appreciated.
RR likes this post.
Terrance
Terrance

Bette wrote:I too had same problem with multimedia message.

AirDroid has never worked with MMS or group texts. "Advanced Messaging" is new, seems to be a carrier-based innovation, instead of 1 mb limit it has a 10 mb limit... guessing that means its a fancy name for improved MMS. I turned ""Advanced Messaging" off on my phone, hopefully that fixes problem. The texts it is not displaying because they are "Advanced Messaging" are just simple text, long, but simple text, which used to display with no problem.
Terrance
Lillian Admin

AirDroid has never worked with MMS or group texts. "Advanced Messaging" is new, seems to be a carrier-based innovation, instead of 1 mb limit it has a 10 mb limit... guessing that means its a fancy name for improved MMS. I turned ""Advanced Messaging" off on my phone, hopefully that fixes problem. The texts it is not displaying because they are "Advanced Messaging" are just simple text, long, but simple text, which used to display with no problem.

That seems weird...logs on your phone may be necessary to troubleshoot the problem.

Would you mind making a test and help to find the cause? We would send you a special .apk to install and try it several times to sync the SMS, and then send us logs on your phone for developing. Is that OK?

And you may reply to support@airdroid.com for further communication
Lillian
Admin
Christopher+Hardy

I think it's far because of the technical errors along with the awful net paintings connections and so on. I am now not sure but i experienced the identical hassle some days before.
Christopher+Hardy
axel4770

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite certain I'll learn lots of new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!
axel4770
hellenjos

gdg

nice article.
hellenjos
Katherine

Hello, you can search your problem solution on any search engine. I think you will easily get your answer, if you ain't get it till now.
Katherine
Mirsteve

Hello, you can search your problem solution on any search engine. I think you will easily get your answer, if you ain't get it till now.
I don't really think this guy didn't search on Google or Yahoo or whatever he prefers to use. You see, sometimes you can't find answer that quick or you have some sort of specific issue. That's why communities like this exist. Besides, if it's really a specific issue, next guy will definitely find an answer on this forum via search engines.
yesonlinepk likes this post.
Mirsteve
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 121