Not seeing sms in Hangoutsquestion

Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:47 pm in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Joshua Nili
OP

Not seeing sms in Hangouts

Hi everyone,

Noticed recently that my sms messages sent via my PC are no longer showing up in my hangouts app even though the messages are successfully going through. I'm not sure exactly how long this has been going on, but I upgraded to Android N about a week ago.

Has anybody else been experiencing this / been able to resolve it? I've already restarted my phone (Nexus 5x) multiple times and reinstalled the app. Hangouts is set to my default messaging app.

Thanks!
Joshua Nili
Lillian Admin

Re: Not seeing sms in Hangouts

Hi everyone,

Noticed recently that my sms messages sent via my PC are no longer showing up in my hangouts app even though the messages are successfully going through. I'm not sure exactly how long this has been going on, but I upgraded to Android N about a week ago.

Has anybody else been experiencing this / been able to resolve it? I've already restarted my phone (Nexus 5x) multiple times and reinstalled the app. Hangouts is set to my default messaging app.

Thanks!

Hi, Joshua, would you please check if you have granted AirDroid the permission on your phone after updrading? You can find that in permission manager on your phone.Please check that you have granted all the permission
Lillian
Admin
Joshua Nili

Yup, all of my permissions are already set up properly. Any other suggestions?
Joshua Nili
Lillian Admin

Yup, all of my permissions are already set up properly. Any other suggestions?
Hi, Thank you for clarifying the problem. Kindly note that MMS and group messages are not supported for now.

After developing, it seems to be a bug in Hangout. Would you please try google messenger or some other messenger, which we find no issues on this. And we will contact Google about this problem in order to solve it

And would you please contact support@airdroid.com with your problem for further communication? We will be monitoring this for you via emails as well
Lillian
Admin
Joshua Nili

Thanks for the confirmation of the bug - I'll share the details with the email you provided. Hope to see a fix out soon!
Joshua Nili
Lillian Admin

Thanks for the confirmation of the bug - I'll share the details with the email you provided. Hope to see a fix out soon!

Hi Jushua, Thank you so much for your understanding! Feel free to share with us if you find anything new
Lillian
Admin
ahl001

I have recently started seeing the same problem in Hangouts...just wanted to +1 this.

I have also checked the permissions given to Airdroid and all appear to be granted.

I can also add that if I send a message or reply on the phone, it will show up properly in Airdroid...it's only when I send from Airdroid, which I use web.airdroid.com, that the sent message doesn't show up in Hangouts.
ahl001
Lillian Admin

I have recently started seeing the same problem in Hangouts...just wanted to +1 this.

I have also checked the permissions given to Airdroid and all appear to be granted.

I can also add that if I send a message or reply on the phone, it will show up properly in Airdroid...it's only when I send from Airdroid, which I use web.airdroid.com, that the sent message doesn't show up in Hangouts.

Hi, it should be a bug of Hangout. And we have contact Hangout about this issue. Awaiting response now
Lillian
Admin
Phil Norris

I'd like to comment so I get notified if this thread gets an update. Even though it's not Airdroid that's the problem, Google is too big to pay enough attention when third party apps get broke by their update. Nature of the beast, I guess. Thanks for working on it!
Phil Norris
Jason Huebel

Commenting to be updated on this post as well. Since I'm a Project Fi customer, Hangouts is really the best choice for SMS. Some workaround by AirDroid would be nice.
Jason Huebel
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235027

Latest Member: mamad

Online: 39