windows 10 defender say Airdroid has a virus and deletes diwnloadquestion

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:25 am in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Jan
OP

windows 10 defender say Airdroid has a virus and deletes diwnload

Hi Guys
Currently the lastest windows 10 defender is stating that the down load of Air droid has a virus and then promptly delete the file.

Any comments people
Jan
KP

Re: windows 10 defender say Airdroid has a virus and deletes diwnload

Yup, same thing here. It went back and deleted the download from about a week ago on 10/4/2016, said it detected 'TrojanDownloader:JS/Nemucod!rfn' and that it was a severe alert.
KP
Tony Mc

I get the same Windows Defender "Malware found" message, then it cancels the download and deletes the executable file.

What I find disturbing is that a reputable company would have safeguards in place to ensure that malware did not infiltrate their product. And if this was a glitch, a reputable company would have a quality assurance process that would have tested the download process on all the platforms it supports and would have addressed this with Microsoft. ​
Tony Mc
Margo K

Me too, except I don't use Windows Defender. Today (10/07) Before downloading, Norton 360 checks the file and said it was ok. BUT ... after downloading and while attempting install, I got a message from my Norton 360 that the setup.exe file contains a Trojan horse virus. Norton blocked it and I deleted the file from my downloads. Bad news, folks! Please advise us when it has been resolved.
Margo K
Margo K

Interesting that I found 7 (yes, seven) instances of Trojan horse in the install package have been reported since July 2015 (by doing a search in the box at the top of the page). Very disturbing that it keeps happening. Who knows how many people have encountered the problem and either downloaded anyway or just didn't both to report the problem. REALLY BAD NEWS even if it's a "false positive," as one rep replied. Another of the posts writes that MalwareBytes also found the virus in the file. Too many sources saying it's infected. I have lost faith in the product, which is too bad. Seems very useful, but I'm not going to risk infecting my PC or phone.
Margo K
Lillian Admin

Hi Guys
Currently the lastest windows 10 defender is stating that the down load of Air droid has a virus and then promptly delete the file.

Any comments people
Yup, same thing here. It went back and deleted the download from about a week ago on 10/4/2016, said it detected 'TrojanDownloader:JS/Nemucod!rfn' and that it was a severe alert.
I get the same Windows Defender "Malware found" message, then it cancels the download and deletes the executable file.

What I find disturbing is that a reputable company would have safeguards in place to ensure that malware did not infiltrate their product. And if this was a glitch, a reputable company would have a quality assurance process that would have tested the download process on all the platforms it supports and would have addressed this with Microsoft. ​
Me too, except I don't use Windows Defender. Today (10/07) Before downloading, Norton 360 checks the file and said it was ok. BUT ... after downloading and while attempting install, I got a message from my Norton 360 that the setup.exe file contains a Trojan horse virus. Norton blocked it and I deleted the file from my downloads. Bad news, folks! Please advise us when it has been resolved.
Interesting that I found 7 (yes, seven) instances of Trojan horse in the install package have been reported since July 2015 (by doing a search in the box at the top of the page). Very disturbing that it keeps happening. Who knows how many people have encountered the problem and either downloaded anyway or just didn't both to report the problem. REALLY BAD NEWS even if it's a "false positive," as one rep replied. Another of the posts writes that MalwareBytes also found the virus in the file. Too many sources saying it's infected. I have lost faith in the product, which is too bad. Seems very useful, but I'm not going to risk infecting my PC or phone.

Hey guys!

Sorry for the trouble that has caused. We are looking into this issue. Please kindly stay tuned.

We value our users’ security very much, hence will never want to send out a wrong impression.

However, due to the fact that the antivirus programme constant update nature, some antivirus programme may detect it as malware or Trojan due to the although legitimate softwares may not catch up with the pace.

Would you please try to update the antivirus programme to the latest version and see if it would be different?

Voices from you guys have always helped us improve AirDroid.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything new. And we will keep updated about it.
Lillian
Admin
MB242

We value our users’ security very much, hence will never want to send out a wrong impression.

It would be nice to get some info about Win32/DealPly.eb found in the 3.3.4.0 installation package. I want to believe it is AirDroid toolbar installer but explanation is very welcome.
MB242
Lillian Admin

It would be nice to get some info about Win32/DealPly.eb found in the 3.3.4.0 installation package. I want to believe it is AirDroid toolbar installer but explanation is very welcome.

Hi, Would you please tell us which antivirus program you are using?

Can you send us a screenshot of it?
Lillian
Admin
MB242

Detected by ESET.
Screenshot is here: https://box1.cz/index.php/s/LYpIERM4lluacQh
If you google for the Win32/DealPly.eb you will see also other AV detected this as possible threat.
More info here https://malwaretips.com/blogs/softwarebundler-win32-dealply-virus/
MB242
dick

Norton Internet security also warns of trojan in the installer, it's been like that for over a month so I cancel the update every time.
I got a new prompt to update airdroid today flagged as an important security fix. That implies the the old version of airdroid I'm using is a security risk. Running the update may get me a trojan. The authors have know about the problem for several weeks as is evident from this forum thread so it's disappointing they've not bothered to fix it. Maybe everything's fine as the authors say but why should I believe them? I'm not willing to take either risk so the only option I have is to remove airdroid from my PC & mobile and I'd advise everyone else to do the same, also it's time to get Google to remove it from their app store.
dick
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235024

Latest Member: d

Online: 40