How to manage permission for AirDroid on device with Android v.6.0 and above?

Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:10 pm in General

page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
Charlene Admin
OP

How to manage permission for AirDroid on device with Android v.6.0 and above?

Permission for the relevant feature needs to be granted to AirDroid if you find AirDroid cannot function properly on your device(s).

Follow the instruction below to grant the permission(s) to AirDroid:

1.Google series
Settings > Apps > AirDroid > Permissions

Then you will be able to see if the access to relevant features are allowed for AirDroid, if not, tap the switch to turn them on.

2.Samsung(for example, SM-G935FD)
Settings > Applications > Application manager > AirDroid > Permissions

Then you will be able to see if the access to relevant features are allowed for AirDroid, if not, tap the switch to turn them on.

3.Huawei
Phone Manager > Permission Manager

Then you will be able to see the list of permission granted shown as follow.
Find the specific feature that functions abnormal, tap AirDroid to enter and then select "Allow".

4.One plus
Settings > Apps > AirDroid > Permissions > Modify

Then you will be able to see if the access to relevant features are allowed for AirDroid, if not, select "Allowed" from drop downs.

5.HTC (for example,E9pw)
Settings > Security > Permission Manager > AirDroid

6.VIVO
Setting > More setting > Permission management

Then you will be able to see a list of permission granted shown as follow.
Find the specific feature that functions abnormal, tap AirDroid to enter and then select "Allow".

7.OPPO
Settings > App Management > switch to Installed > AirDroid > Permssions

Please proceed to try the settings of Google series if you can't find your phone brand aforementioned, it should solved your problems.

However, if none of above applies to your situation and your AirDroid still failed to function properly, please shoot us a message via support@airdroid.com anytime.

The permission required for each feature is listed as below.

No. > Relevant feature > Permission required
1. Notification pop-up > SMS & Phone
2. File Transfer > Storage
3. SMS > SMS
4. Call History > Phone
5. Contacts > Contacts
6. Update notification > Storage
7. Backup > Storage
3 people like this post.
Charlene
Admin
eili

Re: How to manage permission for AirDroid on device with Android v.6.0 and above?

update notification > storage
2 people like this post.
eili
LOL

Re: How to manage permission for AirDroid on device with Android v.6.0 and above?

enable all notifications
2 people like this post.
LOL
Washington Cruz

i currently have a XT1040 Moto G1
Never had problems but since the last update i cant upload files to the phone, it asks an "Storage Permission" but the phone it's kinda old, if i go to the settings like the instructions i couldn't find some kind of switch to allow the permission.
It's strange because it always worked, now since this change, i will be unable to upload files?
Washington Cruz
Txiki

Washington Cruz wrote:i currently have a XT1040 Moto G1
Never had problems but since the last update i cant upload files to the phone, it asks an "Storage Permission" but the phone it's kinda old, if i go to the settings like the instructions i couldn't find some kind of switch to allow the permission.
It's strange because it always worked, now since this change, i will be unable to upload files?

I have the same problem
Txiki
jenniferjudy225

As Per Google's update of Android 5.1.1,
  1. Android does not support for controling app permission in it's current version.
  2. Though this feature is already available in Apple iOS.
  3. So in future, might be in its next version (Andriod M) they will provide this feature .
  4. So this will again reduce the feature gap between iOS and Andriod .
2 people like this post.
jenniferjudy225
Nene Black

Great

Wow nice
Nene Black
ColleenWilliams

I learned something new here. Thanks for sharing such a great tips.
ColleenWilliams
wartan

Hello,
I can't get into the Calls History.

Device: Nexus 4, LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7.1.2) / MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra 10.12.6

4 people like this post.
wartan
aceng

lolllll
aceng
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 121