Duplicate Contacts

Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:53 am in General

page 1 / 1
Mir Anwar
OP

Duplicate Contacts

Hello. Im using the 3.3.2 version of AirDroid Mac and i'm seeing duplicates of most of the contacts. I know for a fact that my phone doesn't have any duplicates because I actually took the trouble of merging all the duplicates in my phone. At first I thought AirDroid was using contacts from my google account and the contacts from my Mac but I don't think thats the case because some contacts are not duplicated. Either way this is a bug in the mac app. Please consider to fix this in your next update. thank you.
Mir Anwar
Lillian Admin

Re: Duplicate Contacts

Hello. Im using the 3.3.2 version of AirDroid Mac and i'm seeing duplicates of most of the contacts. I know for a fact that my phone doesn't have any duplicates because I actually took the trouble of merging all the duplicates in my phone. At first I thought AirDroid was using contacts from my google account and the contacts from my Mac but I don't think thats the case because some contacts are not duplicated. Either way this is a bug in the mac app. Please consider to fix this in your next update. thank you.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused.

Would you please check it the issue appears on web.airdroid.com?
Lillian
Admin
Mir Anwar

Yes it does.

Thanks
Mir Anwar
Lillian Admin

Yes it does.

Thanks

Hi, Thanks for clarifying the issue.

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of the duplicate contacts as an example?
Lillian
Admin
JoseAlmeida2020

Hi,
I have the same problem.
Have you solved this???
JoseAlmeida2020
Niki Admin

Hi,
I have the same problem.
Have you solved this???
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you please tell us more details of your question?

It would be helpful if you could send us a screenshot of the error page.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Rems Luc

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would you please tell us more details of your question?

It would be helpful if you could send us a screenshot of the error page.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Well, I have the exact same problem running the latest AirDroid client available today on the Galaxy Note 8 in the Google Play Store and on Windows and macOS High Sierra. If you look at the three screenshots you'll notice that I have double, some triple times the same contacts in the list, this on the web.airdroid.com connection (locally on the same network) as well as the local connection directly to the IP of the device. Both also have missing contacts if you look at the screenshot from the latest AirDroid client on the Mac. There you will also see doubles and you'll see contacts that you don't see and thus are missing on the web client. This is very annoying if you need to look up some contacts. I have this on the Mac client as well as on the Windows client. And there are no double contacts in the Contact app on the device. So the issue is really in AirDroid.

On the other hand, the AirMirror works absolutely fine via the web.airdroid.com in Google Chrome with the Chrome AirMirror plugin. The device is not rooted so I connect it once with the USB cable to my PC and afterwards it works perfectly. Even in HD and fullscreen I'm able to play games!!

For those getting error or device not found in Chrome, maybe you are missing the AirMirror Chrome plugin. This one needs to be installed in order for this feature to work. Just a tip :-)

My device is a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android Nougat 7.1.1.
Attachments
airdroid3.jpg
airdroid2.jpg
airdroid1.jpg
Rems Luc
Niki Admin

Well, I have the exact same problem running the latest AirDroid client available today on the Galaxy Note 8 in the Google Play Store and on Windows and macOS High Sierra. If you look at the three screenshots you'll notice that I have double, some triple times the same contacts in the list, this on the web.airdroid.com connection (locally on the same network) as well as the local connection directly to the IP of the device. Both also have missing contacts if you look at the screenshot from the latest AirDroid client on the Mac. There you will also see doubles and you'll see contacts that you don't see and thus are missing on the web client. This is very annoying if you need to look up some contacts. I have this on the Mac client as well as on the Windows client. And there are no double contacts in the Contact app on the device. So the issue is really in AirDroid.

On the other hand, the AirMirror works absolutely fine via the web.airdroid.com in Google Chrome with the Chrome AirMirror plugin. The device is not rooted so I connect it once with the USB cable to my PC and afterwards it works perfectly. Even in HD and fullscreen I'm able to play games!!

For those getting error or device not found in Chrome, maybe you are missing the AirMirror Chrome plugin. This one needs to be installed in order for this feature to work. Just a tip :-)

My device is a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android Nougat 7.1.1.AttachmentsImageImageImage

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Our tech team has looked into this issue.

Any progress, we will let you know.

Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
KRAB

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Our tech team has looked into this issue.

Any progress, we will let you know.

Feel free to contact us if you need any assistance.

Best Regards,

has the cause been identified, i also feel that the issue is also causing my car head unit not to display contact name on the screen for duplicates names... i am almost certain it is not from Air droid, it is just that air droid has some sort of a feature or ability (maybe) to view merged (duplicates) or that, as me, you guys have more than one gmail account (or mail account with contacts synced to it).
in the very near past, we used to be able to add another gmail account without having to sync the contacts with in that account, now Android (google) syncs everything the minute you sign in with out giving you the option to select what to sync. also, Air droid shows that i have 2600 + contacts... where it picking them up from?
i have set my phone to display gmail contacts (1100+) and if i were to select to display all contacts from the contact apps (default app) it will display 1400+! So where is Air droid picking up those contacts from? the 2600 +?
KRAB
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235019

Latest Member: lying lichen

Online: 42