Will they ever use port 80/443?question

Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:29 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Doyle
OP

Will they ever use port 80/443?

I really want to buy and use this app and all it's features. However I work in IT, and I'm always behind corporate firewalls. I'm not going to plug a hole in our firewalls just for this app for myself. It's not worth the risk.

Will Airdroid ever use tunneling and just make it so it uses port 80/443 when their non-common ports fail to make it out?

It's the only reason I'm using alts right now. It just seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot with this one.
Doyle
Lillian Admin

Re: Will they ever use port 80/443?

I really want to buy and use this app and all it's features. However I work in IT, and I'm always behind corporate firewalls. I'm not going to plug a hole in our firewalls just for this app for myself. It's not worth the risk.

Will Airdroid ever use tunneling and just make it so it uses port 80/443 when their non-common ports fail to make it out?

It's the only reason I'm using alts right now. It just seems like they're shooting themselves in the foot with this one.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused.
Our developers are looking into the corporate firewall issue. Would you please tell us that the features you use very often when the network thru corporate firewall?
Lillian
Admin
Bryant+Smith

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that may have caused.
Our developers are looking into the corporate firewall issue. Would you please tell us that the features you use very often when the network thru corporate firewall?

I'm not sure about the original author, but I would really like to be able to send and receive SMS through the firewall. My phone is 2 feet from my computer, but because they are on different networks (cell network and corporate network) they can't talk due to the firewall. It seems that my phone can send notification alerts to my PC just fine, but anything that goes from the computer to the phone is blocked. This includes SMS, file transfers, mirroring, etc. This is the only thing keeping me from using AirDroid. Other offerings including MightText and Pushbullet work just fine.
Bryant+Smith
Lillian Admin

I'm not sure about the original author, but I would really like to be able to send and receive SMS through the firewall. My phone is 2 feet from my computer, but because they are on different networks (cell network and corporate network) they can't talk due to the firewall. It seems that my phone can send notification alerts to my PC just fine, but anything that goes from the computer to the phone is blocked. This includes SMS, file transfers, mirroring, etc. This is the only thing keeping me from using AirDroid. Other offerings including MightText and Pushbullet work just fine.

Hi, Thank you for your information! We will carefully evaluate it and try to improve!

Sorry for the inconvenience that has caused
Lillian
Admin
JaggedJax

Another scenario is that our corporate LAN is very locked down when it comes to random ports, so even communicating from the WIFI to a desktop on the LAN goes through the firewall and blocks Airdroid. Mainly SMS is the most useful feature here.
JaggedJax
Karol Gębarowsk

JaggedJax wrote:Another scenario is that our corporate LAN is very locked down when it comes to random ports, so even communicating from the WIFI to a desktop on the LAN goes through the firewall and blocks Airdroid. Mainly SMS is the most useful feature here.

I have the same exact issue here, no ability to send/receive SMS due to corporate network restrictions. What's very strange, the notifications are workin. Why won't you make it work for all the features?
Karol Gębarowsk
Niki Admin

I have the same exact issue here, no ability to send/receive SMS due to corporate network restrictions. What's very strange, the notifications are workin. Why won't you make it work for all the features?
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Would like to use the IP address to send/receive SMS? And you just need to connect your phone to the corporate wifi.

You can check this post to find the IP address. http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29843

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235018

Latest Member: amir

Online: 42