Version 4.0 still cannot play .mp4 without downloading OSX

Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:26 pm in General

page 1 / 1
nacnudmit
OP

Version 4.0 still cannot play .mp4 without downloading OSX

My biggest issue with AirDroid is that you cannot playback .mp4 files from a phone. It makes no sense to me that on OSX (happens on any version, but I'm running 10.12.1) using Chrome Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit) you just get a message to install QuickTime.

QuickTime is installed. This happens in Chrome and Firefox and Opera and Safari. I reported this months ago and the AirDroid support seemed to have no clue or even understand what I was talking about.

Why not just play IN the browser? Chrome can play .MP4 without the need for any 3rd party plugins. I downloaded the file then dropped it right into the browser.

Any plans to fix this?
nacnudmit
Lillian Admin

Re: Version 4.0 still cannot play .mp4 without downloading OSX

My biggest issue with AirDroid is that you cannot playback .mp4 files from a phone. It makes no sense to me that on OSX (happens on any version, but I'm running 10.12.1) using Chrome Version 54.0.2840.98 (64-bit) you just get a message to install QuickTime.
[sizeimg=100%xauto]http://forums.airdroid.com/files/images/Screenshot%202016-11-24%2007_57_21.png[/sizeimg]
QuickTime is installed. This happens in Chrome and Firefox and Opera and Safari. I reported this months ago and the AirDroid support seemed to have no clue or even understand what I was talking about.

Why not just play IN the browser? Chrome can play .MP4 without the need for any 3rd party plugins. I downloaded the file then dropped it right into the browser.

Any plans to fix this?

Hi, Sincere apologies for that
Our developers are looking into this issue, and we will try to fix it in the future when it is technically feasible. Please keep up with AirDroid!
Sorry again for the inconvenience that has caused.
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235472

Latest Member: Bax

Online: 114