Using AirDroid whilst connected to Eduroamquestion

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:41 am in General

page 1 / 1
signorpiscinio
OP

Using AirDroid whilst connected to Eduroam

Hi there,

I am a massive fan of Airdroid, using it to send long SMS messages from my desktop whilst I'm at work, which can be tedious to type on my phone. I work at a University and we connect to the internet wirelessly via the Eduroam network. Most of the time, Airdroid doesn't seem to work; however, sometimes it will spontaneously connect (both phone and computer are connected to the same network). Is there some reason that Eduroam doesn't like Airdroid that anyone can help me with (I'm presuming it might be a security issue or something), and is there any way I can circumvent this (without changing anything that might be a breach of usage terms).

Thanks!
signorpiscinio
Lillian Admin

Re: Using AirDroid whilst connected to Eduroam

Hi there,

I am a massive fan of Airdroid, using it to send long SMS messages from my desktop whilst I'm at work, which can be tedious to type on my phone. I work at a University and we connect to the internet wirelessly via the Eduroam network. Most of the time, Airdroid doesn't seem to work; however, sometimes it will spontaneously connect (both phone and computer are connected to the same network). Is there some reason that Eduroam doesn't like Airdroid that anyone can help me with (I'm presuming it might be a security issue or something), and is there any way I can circumvent this (without changing anything that might be a breach of usage terms).

Thanks!

Hi,Sorry to hear that.
It seems that Eduroam is a wireless internet service particularly for universities, which is possible to run with firewall? Kindly note that the firewall may block AirDroid from connecting to the environment outside, and that's why AirDroid does not work in remote connection but works in LAN connection
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235386

Latest Member: sameh

Online: 16