Permissions to external SD cardquestion

Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:32 am in General

page 1 / 1
aubreylegendre
OP

Permissions to external SD card

I'm running Android v5.1.1, and Airdroid detects that as 5+, and it tells me that I can simply inform airdroid of the path to my external SD card, and it even provides "instructions" of how to do so. The "instructions" are just two pictures, neither of which matches reality. So I am unable to write directly to my SD card. This is a Verizon 4GLTEmodel VS425PP phone. I find it difficult to understand why the software detects my version correctly, and it's own version correctly, but displays instructions that don't match reality.

So I guess my question is: How do I write directly to my external SD card in this situation?
aubreylegendre
Lillian Admin

Re: Permissions to external SD card

I'm running Android v5.1.1, and Airdroid detects that as 5+, and it tells me that I can simply inform airdroid of the path to my external SD card, and it even provides "instructions" of how to do so. The "instructions" are just two pictures, neither of which matches reality. So I am unable to write directly to my SD card. This is a Verizon 4GLTEmodel VS425PP phone. I find it difficult to understand why the software detects my version correctly, and it's own version correctly, but displays instructions that don't match reality.

So I guess my question is: How do I write directly to my external SD card in this situation?

Hi, Would you please follow these steps:

1 Settings on your phone-->Applications-->Applications manager-->AirDroid-->Clear data-->OK.

2 Open AirDroid on your phone-->Files-->External SD, then you will get a popup to remind you to tell the external SD card path, click"OK".
3 Then you will see a screen below. Click the line "Select XXXXXXXX(the exact external SD card path on your phone)" in the bottom.
4 Then you will see the screen of the external SD card content,
Then back to the AirDroid main screen, and open "Files" "External SD" again, and you will be able to see and edit the external SD.
Lillian
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235424

Latest Member: Luis coronado

Online: 18