No root, not USB mirrorquestion

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:06 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Tim
OP

No root, not USB mirror

My father is not tech savy at all. I set up AirDroid and AirMirror so that I could change settings on his phone from the other side of the country. I did this using a USB debugging and a cable while I had the phone and then I mailed the phone to him. Since the 4.1 Airdroid update, I can connect to his phone, but I cannot mirror. The program is asking me to use a usb cable to connect to the phone again. Though I understand this is a “one time setting” I can’t do it because the phone is now on the other side of the country. Any suggestions as to how I can mirror his phone again? I would prefer not to have to root it, especially remotely. He is also pretty limited in his abilities on the phone, so giving him instructions on what to do would have to be pretty simple.
Tim
Lillian Admin

Re: No root, not USB mirror

My father is not tech savy at all. I set up AirDroid and AirMirror so that I could change settings on his phone from the other side of the country. I did this using a USB debugging and a cable while I had the phone and then I mailed the phone to him. Since the 4.1 Airdroid update, I can connect to his phone, but I cannot mirror. The program is asking me to use a usb cable to connect to the phone again. Though I understand this is a “one time setting” I can’t do it because the phone is now on the other side of the country. Any suggestions as to how I can mirror his phone again? I would prefer not to have to root it, especially remotely. He is also pretty limited in his abilities on the phone, so giving him instructions on what to do would have to be pretty simple.
Hi Tim, Sorry to hear that :(
Kindly note that AirDroid needs to do the USB debugging again in order to re-activate the AirMirrir service after rebooting the phone that shuts down the AirMirror service. Or it needs to root the device without USB cable anymore!

Is it possible that your father would be able to do the USB debugging with a USB cable on the PC at home with the instructions mentioned in this post: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15843
Then the AirMirror service has re-activated again! And you will be able to mirror the phone far away!
Sorry for the inconvenience that has caused
Lillian
Admin
savage

Hi

How do I more of another phone
savage
Niki Admin

How do I more of another phone

Hi ,

Thank you for your feedback.

Do you mean you want to add a new device to your account?

If yes,you can follow this steps to add device.
1. Install the latest version of AirDroid on the device you want to add to your account.
2. Sign in to your account in AirDroid on that device.

The next time you sign in to http://web.airdroid.com or AirDroid Win/Mac, you’ll be greeted with all the devices you’ve already connected.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Dan

How can I run a remote control Application ؟ (no root )
Dan
Niki Admin

How can I run a remote control Application ؟ (no root )
Please check this post to see if it works.
[Help & FAQ] Use AirMirror in Non-Rooted Way
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16684&from=top%20questions

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 126