TRANSFER / BACKUP ALL SMS

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:40 pm in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Is backing up SMS messages important to you?

10 - yes essential
(11) 100%
5 - would be a nice feature
(0) 0%
2 - I would not use
(0) 0%
0 - I do not care
(0) 0%

Total votes : 11
contact
OP

TRANSFER / BACKUP ALL SMS

There are 3 things that are essential to backup

1. contacts
2. sms messages
3. images

It would appear that backing up all sms messages has still not been addressed and is causing a lot of aggravation in the community. I cannot understand what the problem is. Is it technically impossible? I do not think so. I just think that Airdroid does not realise how important this is and how much it is driving everyone insane.

So can someone please address this before I throw Airdroid in the bin.
contact
Lillian Admin

Re: TRANSFER / BACKUP ALL SMS

There are 3 things that are essential to backup

1. contacts
2. sms messages
3. images

It would appear that backing up all sms messages has still not been addressed and is causing a lot of aggravation in the community. I cannot understand what the problem is. Is it technically impossible? I do not think so. I just think that Airdroid does not realise how important this is and how much it is driving everyone insane.

So can someone please address this before I throw Airdroid in the bin.

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestion and sorry for the late reply.
Your voice has been heard. We will pass on your idea to our team and discuss it. And we are still carefully evaluating the possibility of this feature. Please stay tuned.
Hammond Bismark likes this post.
Lillian
Admin
Kala

Is this possible yet?
Kala
Niki Admin

Hi,

We are sorry that so far backup SMS is not supported on AirDroid.

But we will develop its feasible possibility and have an internal discussion about it.

Any development, we will let you know.

By the way, we would like to know why you are in pursuit of this feature and when/where you will use it?

It would be much helpful for us to evaluate it and get closer to our users.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
elsawitacker

Responding to your question about this feature - I want to keep some sms messages that are important to me, from family members who are far away from me right now and to reread them when I feel left alone in my new town. Many of them do not know how to use modern messengers and are using sms instead.
elsawitacker
yolksd

I agree that the sms, contacts and photos are essential to backup,acctually if you have a useful tool, then you need backup all your phone contents regularly to avoid lossing by accidently. Here is a good way to backup or transfer text messages from android to computer

The video tutorial:
yolksd
CARRIE

I need to back up my SMS particularly since we use this feature to send reports DAILY (sales, production, inquiries, feedback, complaints, etc.)
What I did before was to copy all my SMS from Airdroid then paste these to One Note since I find it hard to search specific topics or concerns via Airdroid. But I noticed it takes too long for Airdroid to show all SMS per number.

I also tried Airmore but just this month it has disabled the copy-paste feature in the SMS inbox! Thus, I'm back with Airdroid.
I hope you can further improve in this area. Thanks!
CARRIE
Glen Samsung S4

I need to back up my SMS particularly since we use this feature to send reports DAILY (sales, production, inquiries, feedback, complaints, etc.)
What I did before was to copy all my SMS from Airdroid then paste these to One Note since I find it hard to search specific topics or concerns via Airdroid. But I noticed it takes too long for Airdroid to show all SMS per number.

I also tried Airmore but just this month it has disabled the copy-paste feature in the SMS inbox! Thus, I'm back with Airdroid.
I hope you can further improve in this area. Thanks!

I find Airdroid great for backing up photos and videos but you are right, not including SMS & MMS is a shame.

Instead I use "SMS Backup+" which automatically backs up my SMS's and MMS's to a gmail account that I can view either in webmail (threaded messages) or MS Outlook (like individual emails, sorted by date or sender etc).

Works a treat!
Glen Samsung S4
Niki Admin

I find Airdroid great for backing up photos and videos but you are right, not including SMS & MMS is a shame.

Instead I use "SMS Backup+" which automatically backs up my SMS's and MMS's to a gmail account that I can view either in webmail (threaded messages) or MS Outlook (like individual emails, sorted by date or sender etc).

Works a treat!
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry that so far back up SMS and MMS is not supported on AirDroid.

But we will develop its feasible possibility and have an internal discussion about it.

Any development, we will let you know.

By the way, we would like to know why you are in pursuit of this feature and when/where you will use it?

It would be much helpful for us to evaluate it and get closer to our users.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
thidisbogus

Has the backing up/transferring of SMS been built into the functionality of Airdrod yet?
thidisbogus
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 127