ScreenRecord files disappearquestion

Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:00 am in General

page 1 / 1
danieman
OP

ScreenRecord files disappear

I have a big issue with the fact that almost all my ScreenRecord files disappear after a while. Now, for example, I have over 70 videos in my ScreenRecord folder when viewed from the Gallery app, but when I try to openthem, I only get the message "Fant ikke filen." which translates to something like "No file found."/"Didn't find the file."/"File not found" etc. When I open the folder in a file explorer, for example with AirDroid's web app, I do indeed see that only the five most recent videos are there. But where have all the others gone?? I have had this problem for a very long time! Video thumbnails always stay forever in the Gallery app, but somehow the files (or at least their pointers) gets deleted from the ScreenRecord folder, so I can't view them. I can always watch the most recent ones, but soon enough, the older ones will disappear. Why does this happen? Do you have a fix? I just discovered that a lot of cool ScreenRecord captures that I really wanted to keep, have been deleted.
danieman
Lillian Admin

Re: ScreenRecord files disappear

I have a big issue with the fact that almost all my ScreenRecord files disappear after a while. Now, for example, I have over 70 videos in my ScreenRecord folder when viewed from the Gallery app, but when I try to openthem, I only get the message "Fant ikke filen." which translates to something like "No file found."/"Didn't find the file."/"File not found" etc. When I open the folder in a file explorer, for example with AirDroid's web app, I do indeed see that only the five most recent videos are there. But where have all the others gone?? I have had this problem for a very long time! Video thumbnails always stay forever in the Gallery app, but somehow the files (or at least their pointers) gets deleted from the ScreenRecord folder, so I can't view them. I can always watch the most recent ones, but soon enough, the older ones will disappear. Why does this happen? Do you have a fix? I just discovered that a lot of cool ScreenRecord captures that I really wanted to keep, have been deleted.
Hi, sorry to hear that...

Is it possible that you deleted them accidently and you did not notice that? AirDroid does not automatically delete the files on the device.
Lillian
Admin
danieman

Re: ScreenRecord files disappear

Hi, and thanks for replying.
No, I have not deleted them. I have always had this problem. Old screencaptures have been unavailable, despite being listed in the phone's Gallery. I have tried experimenting with how long they stay there before they get deleted, but I haven't been able to figure out just how long they stay available. It doesn't seem to be a certain amount of days or number of videos.

For example, when I checked my Gallery a week ago, I could watch all 65 videos, even though some of them were several months old. Yesterday, however, I could suddenly only watch the five most recent videos, from the last 4-5 days. When I tried to press play on any of the other 60 videos, I got the error message "File not found.", and in the file explorer I see that the videos aren't listed there anymore.

So sometimes I can watch videos for weeks or even months before they get removed, and sometimes I can't even watch videos that are a week old. Sometimes I can watch the 20 most recent videos, and sometimes it only lets me watch the 5 most recent videos. So it doesn't appear to be any specific number of days or videos that's kept available in the Gallery, but *something* makes older videos unavailable, while the newest ones are always available.

Can it be something about how AirDroid treats the phone's memory? Maybe it starts to overwrite stuff if it's full? I don't know. All I know is that I'm pretty tired of seeing error messages whenever I want to see some older videos that actually means something to me.

Thanks
danieman
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235041

Latest Member: هيا احمد

Online: 47