When it says "local connection mode", transfers don't go through the internet, right?

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:45 am in General

page 1 / 1
tuism
OP

When it says "local connection mode", transfers don't go through the internet, right?

I assume so, but I'm just checking. It doesn't seem to be as fast as a local wifi connection and on Activity Monitor (Macbook), it seems to still show bytes received. So just making sure before it destroys my bandwidth.
Nipa babu likes this post.
tuism
davyjones

Re: When it says "local connection mode", transfers don't go through the internet, right?

To be honest Tuism- i think there is more chance of you sprouting wings and flying to the shops than you getting a response on here .

Anyone who needs help , with questions they have , is very lucky to even get a response . Just look at all the posts ..........there is only the odd one or two who get a response.
davyjones
Niki Admin

Re: When it says "local connection mode", transfers don't go through the internet, right?

I assume so, but I'm just checking. It doesn't seem to be as fast as a local wifi connection and on Activity Monitor (Macbook), it seems to still show bytes received. So just making sure before it destroys my bandwidth.

Hi ,

Thank you for your​ feedback.

If you under the "local connection mode",transfer will go through the Internet.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
tuism

Hi Niki,

So uh, if it says "local connection mode", the file transfer goes from my phone, up to the internet, then back down to my computer that's on the same wifi network? So transferring big/many files will block my bandwidth usage?
tuism
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235570

Latest Member: karthi

Online: 183