Cant connect to Airdroid over remote network connection

Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 am in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Aman
OP

Cant connect to Airdroid over remote network connection

Hi Airdroid Team, Thank you very much for the wonderful app ever created. I have been using the app since 3-4 years and so far had been loving each and every piece of it.

However, since few months I am facing an issue which i wanted to bring to your notice and wanted to get resolved. I have two phones connected to same Airdroid account. Of which one is OnePlusOne (Android 6.0.1) and other one is Micromax (Android 5.0.1). Whenever I try to connect to OnePlusOne through web interface(on different networks) I keep on getting Connection Failed error with no luck at all.
I am also not able to connect by using the Airdroid Windows Desktop App. (Both Screenshots attached).
I have done the following steps already :-
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27516
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27517
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27518

On running the Diagnostic tool (http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27515) , it gave me message OnPush service was not enabled which got automatically enabled later on. However still I am not able to connect to my device.

What doesn't work :-
Remote connection Mode on Oneplus One (via both Desktop App and Web Interface)

What works:-
Local Lite connection mode on Micromax phone Remote connection mode on Micromax phone
Local Lite connection mode on OnePlusOne
Remote connection mode on OnePlus One (ONLY WHEN AIRDROID APP IS MANUALLY KEPT OPEN ON THE SCREEN).

I have tried everything and I am not able to find a quick easy solution to the above problem. The same problem exists with my friend using Oneplus 3T with Android 7.0.1.
Kindly provide me with quick resolution to above problems.

Thanks
Attachments
Airdroid.JPG
Aman
Niki Admin

Re: Cant connect to Airdroid over remote network connection

Hi Airdroid Team, Thank you very much for the wonderful app ever created. I have been using the app since 3-4 years and so far had been loving each and every piece of it.

However, since few months I am facing an issue which i wanted to bring to your notice and wanted to get resolved. I have two phones connected to same Airdroid account. Of which one is OnePlusOne (Android 6.0.1) and other one is Micromax (Android 5.0.1). Whenever I try to connect to OnePlusOne through web interface(on different networks) I keep on getting Connection Failed error with no luck at all.
I am also not able to connect by using the Airdroid Windows Desktop App. (Both Screenshots attached).
I have done the following steps already :-
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27516
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27517
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27518

On running the Diagnostic tool (http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=27515) , it gave me message OnPush service was not enabled which got automatically enabled later on. However still I am not able to connect to my device.

What doesn't work :-
Remote connection Mode on Oneplus One (via both Desktop App and Web Interface)

What works:-
Local Lite connection mode on Micromax phone Remote connection mode on Micromax phone
Local Lite connection mode on OnePlusOne
Remote connection mode on OnePlus One (ONLY WHEN AIRDROID APP IS MANUALLY KEPT OPEN ON THE SCREEN).

I have tried everything and I am not able to find a quick easy solution to the above problem. The same problem exists with my friend using Oneplus 3T with Android 7.0.1.
Kindly provide me with quick resolution to above problems.

Thanks
Hi,

Thank you for your feedbak.

As you said, when Airdroid is manually kept open on the screen, the remote connection mode on OnePlus worked.

The reason is that sometimes when Airdroid keep running in the background it will be killed by the phone's process.

So you need to restart it on your phone then to see if it works.

You can also go phone setting to make the Airdroid always keeping running in background.

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Aman

Hi,

Thank you for your feedbak.

As you said, when Airdroid is manually kept open on the screen, the remote connection mode on OnePlus worked.

The reason is that sometimes when Airdroid keep running in the background it will be killed by the phone's process.

So you need to restart it on your phone then to see if it works.

You can also go phone setting to make the Airdroid always keeping running in background.

Best Regards,
Hi Niki,
Thanks for your immediate and helpful response (happy). I agree totally with your feedback over Airdroid might be getting killed by phone's process while in background. But if this is the case everytime, I should also be then not be able to connect over the Web Lite mode(Local connection mode) while on same network. This works everytime(Local connection mode) and never faced any issues on local connection mode. Also, I could connect to my other linked phone(Android 5.0.1) any time over any of the modes. The same problem exists with a friend of mine running android 7.0.1 on OnePlus 3T.
I am also not able to connect if I open the app and minimize it later. It only connects if the app stays open with screen on.
Also, as far i understand, the push services are enabled by default to check for the incoming connections (like whatsapp being connected forever and never been killed in background). And I never faced such issues ever with my same One Plus one (Android 6.0.1) before. Its happening since just 3-4 months.
Let me know what could be done to let the app stay connected ever(is Premium version a choice?, I am ready to pay for Airdroid). But only thing I want to make sure that is that it works as expected everytime and me not reopening the app to make it work.

Thanks and Regards
Aman
Aman

Adding further Debugging notes:-
I tried opening the Airdroid App over my 4G network and tried connecting it from my browser over remote connection mode.
  1. As far the screen was opened, it connected seamlessly.
  2. I tried minimizing the app, the connection got lost as i minimized with my phone still awake and screen ON.
  3. I tried downloading a file from phone while the Airdroid App was kept open. As soon as i minimized the app(pressed home button), the download stopped immediately on my browser.
Attaching screenshots from the developer options of my phone.ImageImageImage
Aman
Aman

Hi Airdroid Team/Niki,
Any update on the above issues? I am still struggling to get this work. I am open to support on further diagnosis.

Thanks and Regards
Aman
Kaufmann

You need to install a third party App to connect it remotely for more query Please go to the Google Search.
Kaufmann
Mutti

Could you please specify the 3rd party app or give the Google search string?
Mutti
mit

i have 2 devices.. one is samsung and another one is oneplus 2 .. oneplus 2 doesn't work on remote connection mode from yesterday but my samsung works on remote connection mode .. please check what is the problem with oneplus devices and fix it
mit
Niki Admin

Hi Airdroid Team/Niki,
Any update on the above issues? I am still struggling to get this work. I am open to support on further diagnosis.

Thanks and Regards

Hi,

We would like to confirm with you that do you have option banning the Airdroid running on the backgroud
in the phone's backgroud?

And is there any housekeeper or ant-virus software installed?

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
mit

Hi,

We would like to confirm with you that do you have option banning the Airdroid running on the backgroud
in the phone's backgroud?

And is there any housekeeper or ant-virus software installed?

Best Regards,
i have the same issue in oneplus 2 .. airdroid is not connecting to oneplus 2 over remote connection mode from last 2-3 days... it used to work properly... i didn't install any antivirus .. i think because of any update on airdroid this issue has started with all oneplus devices... please check it and fix it as soon as possible.. thanks
mit
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 104