Burning through Remote Data Quotaquestion

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:10 pm in General

page 1 / 1
Mike
OP

Burning through Remote Data Quota

My phone is connected to my local WiFi. My laptop is also connected to my local WiFi, but I VPN into my corporate network. This effectively puts them on separate networks and AirDroid goes into "Remote" mode.

I primarily using the texting feature of AirDroid (without pictures/videos). And yet the 200MB quota is regularly burned through. This has only been an issue in the last 3 months or so, as though some new feature was activated that uses/moves data, etc...

While I can see the green bar that says "?.?MB used of 200MB", I cannot get any details on what is being transferred or used that I can go and try to turn those things off.

Help! How can I stop this unintended remote data usage? I just want to text. I must remain in "Remote" mode due to my VPN situation.

Thanks in advance.
3 people like this post.
Mike
Niki Admin

Re: Burning through Remote Data Quota

My phone is connected to my local WiFi. My laptop is also connected to my local WiFi, but I VPN into my corporate network. This effectively puts them on separate networks and AirDroid goes into "Remote" mode.

I primarily using the texting feature of AirDroid (without pictures/videos). And yet the 200MB quota is regularly burned through. This has only been an issue in the last 3 months or so, as though some new feature was activated that uses/moves data, etc...

While I can see the green bar that says "?.?MB used of 200MB", I cannot get any details on what is being transferred or used that I can go and try to turn those things off.

Help! How can I stop this unintended remote data usage? I just want to text. I must remain in "Remote" mode due to my VPN situation.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please click this post to see if it works.
[Help & FAQ] How to Use AirDroid Web Without Wi-Fi or Other Network Connection?
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15936

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
2 people like this post.
Niki
Admin
devcapital

It does because VPN creates compressed data packets to be sent through the VPN tunnel for encryption. The size and usage of this can be controlled by using different set of encryption level. Most of the times, encryption levels are offered by a VPN service in form of protocols. Good variety of these protocols can be found in
p mat likes this post.
devcapital
davidmarchal

Get the Fastest VPN for 2018 that allows you to access blocked and restricted content from anywhere in the world. Stream and Download with complete anonymity and security. FastestVPN service provider offers secure access and high speed.
davidmarchal
AndreyAndrey

If you are searching for best VPN service I can offer you https://ininja.org/ . Just try it and you can give me feedback in PM. I am using it for last week and totally satisfied.
AndreyAndrey
alicetaylor

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.

unfair mario
alicetaylor
george23

Hi use the http://downloadluckypatcher.info it will helo you to solve your all problmes.
george23
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 95