Some messages on phone not showing in Web or Windows app.

Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:17 pm in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Chris
OP

Some messages on phone not showing in Web or Windows app.

When starting the Windows app or using the Web client, they don't show all of the messages from the phone. Doesn't appear to be a message age issue, some are days old, some are an hour or so. I have a Samsung S9 phone, Windows 10 and Chrome/IE/Firefox. Forcing refresh doesn't seem to help. I have restarted both the phone and computer. Also uninstalled the app from each, with no change.

I apologize if this is a repeat thread. If it is, please point me to the existing post.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris
Niki Admin

Re: Some messages on phone not showing in Web or Windows app.

When starting the Windows app or using the Web client, they don't show all of the messages from the phone. Doesn't appear to be a message age issue, some are days old, some are an hour or so. I have a Samsung S9 phone, Windows 10 and Chrome/IE/Firefox. Forcing refresh doesn't seem to help. I have restarted both the phone and computer. Also uninstalled the app from each, with no change.

I apologize if this is a repeat thread. If it is, please point me to the existing post.

Thanks,
Chris
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced.

Would you please help us to clarify the issues by answering the following question?
1. When did you find that some massage will missing in Web or Windows app?
2.Is that missing message a MMS message or group message?

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best regards,
Niki
Admin
Chris

I recently moved from Sprint to T-Mobile. Everything worked fine while on Sprint S7edge sending to any user including T-mobile users. Now that I'm on T-Mobile, If I receive a SMS from another T-Mobile user neither the Web nor the Windows app will update the message threads. Older messages with T-Mobile users also don't show up in the Web or Windows app. If I send to another T-Mobile user from the phone it won't update the Web or Windows app either. I can send from Web or Windows app and it will update on the phone, but any replies will not. I have tested with other users on other carriers and they work fine, including older messages. I have also tested and verified this happens with any T-Mobile user, not just people on my account. Now, here is the caveat... I can send from myself to myself and it works fine all around. From Web, Windows app and phone, they will all update just fine, and my historical messages show as well. It appears to be some sort of sync issue with the Samsung S9 messaging app and the Airdroid app? I have deleted and reinstalled the Airdroid app and Windows app. I'm getting ready to start testing other messaging apps, but wanted to find out if others had experienced this issue and maybe there was a fix, before diving into a bunch of app testing.

Thanks in advance!!
Chris
Chris
Ed

I am just starting to use AirDroid, and I am running into the same issues as Chris is having. I too am using T-Moble and a Samsung S9 Plus along with a MacBook Air computer.

Thanks,

Ed.
Chris likes this post.
Ed
Niki Admin

I recently moved from Sprint to T-Mobile. Everything worked fine while on Sprint S7edge sending to any user including T-mobile users. Now that I'm on T-Mobile, If I receive a SMS from another T-Mobile user neither the Web nor the Windows app will update the message threads. Older messages with T-Mobile users also don't show up in the Web or Windows app. If I send to another T-Mobile user from the phone it won't update the Web or Windows app either. I can send from Web or Windows app and it will update on the phone, but any replies will not. I have tested with other users on other carriers and they work fine, including older messages. I have also tested and verified this happens with any T-Mobile user, not just people on my account. Now, here is the caveat... I can send from myself to myself and it works fine all around. From Web, Windows app and phone, they will all update just fine, and my historical messages show as well. It appears to be some sort of sync issue with the Samsung S9 messaging app and the Airdroid app? I have deleted and reinstalled the Airdroid app and Windows app. I'm getting ready to start testing other messaging apps, but wanted to find out if others had experienced this issue and maybe there was a fix, before diving into a bunch of app testing.

Thanks in advance!!
Chris

We would like to confirm with you is that not showing SMS send via sim card or chat app?
Niki
Admin
KAMESWARA RAO D

How can I see the messages received in the phone. I could not see the old messages how can I see the messages
tjb54 likes this post.
KAMESWARA RAO D
Chris

We would like to confirm with you is that not showing SMS send via sim card or chat app?

I'm not sure how to find that out. I am using the stock Samsung message app, Version 5.0.00.137. The messages are single person, not group or MMS. How would I go about confirming either way?
Chris
Chris

Hi, additional info:

I took a look at the messages app settings and under 'Settings/More Settings/Text Messages/Manage SIM card messages', it says "No Messages".

CS
Chris
thunderbear

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 as well, and run the OS X client. I use the Google Messages app on the phone.

SMS messages sent on the OS X client or web clients do NOT show up on the phone right away. They show up in both web and OS X clients right away. Sometimes they seem to appear on the phone later, when I have texted another user.

Also, MMS messages sent on the phone do not show up at all in the web or OS X clients.

Happy to assist with error logs or anything else, please let me know if you need anything.
thunderbear
Niki Admin

Hi, additional info:

I took a look at the messages app settings and under 'Settings/More Settings/Text Messages/Manage SIM card messages', it says "No Messages".

CS
The reason why the message not showing in Web or Windows app maybe the message not send from your SIM card. If it send from SMS app it will not appear in the desktop SMS feature.
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235018

Latest Member: amir

Online: 45