Low resolution app on PC compared to Mac?

Sat May 26, 2018 2:21 pm in General

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Ricky
OP

Low resolution app on PC compared to Mac?

I have a iMac (2012) and a surface book 2 laptop (new). Installed airdroid on both for my new galaxy s9+.

Has anyone found that the PC version of airdroid looks awful? Super low resolution and grainy / blurry?

It looks totally normal, crisp and clean on my mac.

Is there any way to change this? I searched the settings and could not find a resolution setting for PC. Any help would be appreciated.
werdi likes this post.
Ricky
Niki Admin

Re: Low resolution app on PC compared to Mac?

I have a iMac (2012) and a surface book 2 laptop (new). Installed airdroid on both for my new galaxy s9+.

Has anyone found that the PC version of airdroid looks awful? Super low resolution and grainy / blurry?

Is there any way to change this? I searched the settings and could not find a resolution setting for PC. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Because the Mac's screen is retina screen so it resolution is super. So when you use Windows 10 to use AirMirror will feel it has low resolution.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
Ricky

Niki wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Because the Mac's screen is retina screen so it resolution is super. So when you use Windows 10 to use AirMirror will feel it has low resolution.

Best Regards,

Hmm... Im running this on a surface book 2 which has a higher screen resolution than imac 2012 which does not have a retina display....
Ricky

i always use mac , i have never switched to pc i dint knew this problem existed but what i think more than half the overall airdroid
users must be on pc ! its pc that they should mantain a high resolution theme ! cause if this was vice versa it would have made sense!
BigNox ShowBox for Android VidMate Android
Ashkit

Have never faced this issue on an iMac. been using it for over 3 years now. Please check your resolution settings to find out who's the actual killer.
Ashkit
sienna2506

So when you use Windows 10 to use AirMirror will feel it has low resolution
sienna2506
Vidya+Vox

Why to launch apps in non-Retina resolution

For most people, this is a question of why you would actually want to do this in the first place. After all, you just spent a bunch of money on your fancy Mac, and you don’t want to sacrifice viewing quality because the Retina display looks so nice.On the other hand, there are a number of reasons why you may want to launch an app in standard resolution, rather than in Retina resolution; for example:
  • To troubleshoot video card problems
  • To better accommodate an external display
  • To reduce impact on system resources
  • To reduce graphics card heat output
  • To reduce problems if an app has a bug in Retina resolution mode
  • And more…
While I understand most apps work without a hitch, it’s good to know that it’s possible to launch your apps in their native resolution mode. So without further ado, let’s discuss how you can do it.
Vidya+Vox
Karla

never faced this issue on an iMac.since for 4 years
Karla
chimrighere

Great work

Hi thanks keep working always here
chimrighere
georgebelly

Low Resoultion App on PC compared to Mac

• To troubleshoot video card problems
  • To better accommodate an external display
  • To reduce the impact on system resources
  • To reduce graphics card heat output
  • To reduce problems if an app has a bug in Retina resolution mode
  • And more…
When it comes to most modern Macs, they come equipped with ultra high-resolution displays known as Retina displays.These displays are the same size as standard displays but come with much denser pixel-per-inch (PPI) specifications than your average display.
georgebelly
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 101