FAQ - Messages

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:43 pm in General

page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
Tom_Administrator
OP

FAQ - Messages

How to send and receive messages?
[/b]Following these steps to send and receive messages using a web browser:1. Login to AirDroid web desktop.2. Find the Message icon and click it to open. You can see all your text messages here.3. To send a message, click New Message in the Message window, input recipient, your message, and click Send. You can also send messages to a group of recipients.Do I need to pay extra money to use AirDroid to send and receive messages?
[/b]There is no extra cost. It is just like sending messages on your Android phone or tablet.What happens to my phone if I send, delete or do other operations in the browser?
[/b]AirDroid web desktop works like a remote control tool for your Android device, so every operation in the browser is transmitted to your android device. E.g. If you send a message in the browser, it’s actually your Android device that is sending the message.How to send group messages?
[/b]Just input as many recipients as you need in the recipient field to send a message to a group of contacts.Can I send MMS messages?
[/b]Sorry, MMS messages are not supported currently in the first version of AirDroid.
Tom_Administrator
Ashk90

Title

I currently use Handsent SMS rather than the stock unit to send sms to avoid the phone converting sms to mms messages when the 3 text limit has been reached. Does sending an sms through airdroid mean it is sent through the stock app or handsent? And if through the stock app, will it convert to mms if I go over the 3 test threshold for my network?
Ashk90
brandbas

Title

It is sent through the stock app
brandbas
spinner

Title

what is the limit to the number of recipients an SMS can have?

i need to send sms to a group of ~150 ppl
spinner
Zisid

Title

How do you create carriage returns in SMS messages - like in Samsung Kies or other similar apps, you just hit the return key, but this actually fires off the message in Airdroid. I want carriage returns because it makes for nicely formatted messages. (I have tried CTRL+Enter - not working either).
Zisid
AdsBot [Google]

Title

Please use Shift+Enter for carriage returns
AdsBot [Google]
DJ_Darkside

Title

How do I simply reply to a message without having to create a new message, choose the recipient, etc. Also, when I receive a message, I see what seems to be a conversation mode, but I can't find how to go back to that mode at any other time. I see a "tab" at the bottom with that person's name and avatar, but I don't know what to do with that. Clicking on it does nothing.
DJ_Darkside
saturnwind

Title

I started using this application. Very great app (thanks for that), but regarding to the messages functionality i have some questions (can't find any answers in the faq):
- messages sent to multiple recipients aren't show in the messages dialogue box ?
- is it possible to delete an individual text message instead of the whole thread ?
- is it possible to download (or export) a thread inta a *.txt or *.csv (or other extension) or google docs in order to save it (which give me then the possibility to delete the entire thread on my phone) ?

Thanks in advance

Geert
saturnwind
Kin

Title

Shift+Enter for carriage returns works in IE9 and Google Chrome but NOT in Firefox. Please make it available in Firefox too. Thanks.
Kin
foreveranii

Title

I'm having the same issue as Vance, is there any fix for this?
Galaxy Nexus, AOKP ROM (Build 29, Android 4.0.4), using Chrome on my laptop. Same issue with IE as well.

Edit: Just tried Firefox, works in that, but I dislike using Firefox and vastly prefer Chrome.
foreveranii
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235382

Latest Member: Nway Khant

Online: 24