[Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:46 am in FAQ

page 4 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
jrbray

Re: [Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

In my case (Moto G3, Android 6.0, Airdroid 4.0.0.4) I never got the External SD dialog, but still now an External HD that is visible on phone and web browser. From the web browser I can edit filenames in the phone directory, so have write permission, but the Cut/Paste options are greyed out, and more importantly the Download button is too, so I can't download files to my desktop.

It seems that Airdroid 1) does not realise the directory is r/w, 2) has disabled Download, which is not dependent on permissions anyway
jrbray
johan

how do I remove a device from my devices
johan
Lillian Admin

how do I remove a device from my devices

Hi, pls check this post for more info about the questions: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15855
Lillian
Admin
Koby

Here I have the same problem. I cannot send music files to my external sd card, i have done the steps of the first post. I am running android 6.0 .

can anyone help?? i have the same question here
Koby
Gentlekid

Hello!
I'm using AirDroid 4.1.5.1 on Android 5.1 with root access, on a Motorola XT1039.
I recently changed my SD card and can't find it in AirDroid Files manager.
I can find my SD card on AirDroid Web, but can't write anything on it.

XT1039 has 5.5GB internal storage as storage\sdcard0 and a 28GB primary FAT32 partition on external SD as storage\sdcard1.
SuperSU does not popup asking for any permission.
Can you help me please?

Gentlekid
Kevin Cruz

Hola, tengo un problema y es que cuando quiero seleccionar la sd externa no me aparece, ni tampoco la interna. Estoy usando un LG K4 y android 6.0
Kevin Cruz
Milo

On my Galaxy S5, I just installed a new SDcard. I can manipulate them easily in AirDroid on the phone, but my goal is to do it either with AirDroid on my computer or http://web.airdroid.com/ . I didn't see anything that said anything like "Select SDCard" at the bottom of Tools/Files/SDCard . In one attempt, I got the prompt about "To edit files on External SDCard..." which i was excited to finally get. I followed the steps from there and...nothing. If it connected, it didn't help on my computer with either Airdroid or the web Airdroid. Now I can't get that prompt again.
I see an instruction on this site that says you can get that again by trying to copy or delete a file on the phone in AirDroid, but all that happens is that I copy or delete the file. No prompt to connect the card. It could be because it already connects it just fine for the phone so these steps are about that. But what can i do to get the computer to connect to the external card? It handle viewing it just fine...just not things like Upload or Add Folder.
Milo
vincepoy

There should be another option added as in customize path where someone can select the path as the one detected by AirDroid does not have write permissions for all folders while the one mounted in /mnt/media_rw/* where the * is the actual name would have full write permissions so allow one that browses from the / to select the folder. Also, there should be a way to change where the External SD Card is later in Air Droid.
vincepoy
shivanshu

you can easily manage files saved to your mobile devices either by saving them to your computer system or you can also use google drive which gives you 15 GB of storage for saving files and other things on the cloud . You can easily access these from anywhere
shivanshu
lovedose

You can get more info here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15855
lovedose
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 4 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235018

Latest Member: amir

Online: 31