[Help & FAQ] How to Start Bonjour Service

Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:58 pm in FAQ

page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to
Coffee Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] How to Start Bonjour Service

What is Bonjour Service?
With Bonjour service enabled on your computer, you can discover nearby AirDroid users and share files with them.

How to start Bonjour Service?
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services or simply go to this path: Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools:

Find Bonjour Service and double click it, select Automatic and click OK to confirm:

Please make sure the Service status should be Started, if it shows Stopped, please click Start to start the service:

VincentQiu likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
Per Östman

Re: How to start Bonjour Service

What if I do not want to have Bonjour installed on my PC? Bonjour just gives me a lot of other issues, and if I choose not to have it installed, Airdroid keeps bugging me about installing Bonjour.
I'd strongly suggest you make Bonjour optional and stop bugging about installing it, and/or find another way of providing this functionality.
Per Östman
Coffee Admin

Re: How to start Bonjour Service

What if I do not want to have Bonjour installed on my PC? Bonjour just gives me a lot of other issues, and if I choose not to have it installed, Airdroid keeps bugging me about installing Bonjour.
I'd strongly suggest you make Bonjour optional and stop bugging about installing it, and/or find another way of providing this functionality.

Can you attach a screenshot of the error message? It keeps showing up?
Coffee
Admin
Alfonso F R

Re: [Help & FAQ] How to start Bonjour Service

Bonjour is not installed among my Windows 8.1 services either. AirDroid was working properly before, and I did not apply any intentional changes to it or this service at all. I'm now trying to install bonjour from Apple and see what happens. Fingers crossed...
Alfonso F R
Alfonso F R

Bonjour is not installed among my Windows 8.1 services either. AirDroid was working properly before, and I did not apply any intentional changes to it or this service at all. I'm now trying to install bonjour from Apple and see what happens. Fingers crossed...

...And I got an "unable to initialize installer GUI" error.
Alfonso F R
Coffee Admin

...And I got an "unable to initialize installer GUI" error.

Attach a screenshot?
Coffee
Admin
AK

Re: [Help & FAQ] How to Start Bonjour Service

What is Bonjour Service?
With Bonjour service enabled on your computer, you can discover nearby AirDroid users and share files with them.

How to start Bonjour Service?
Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Services or simply go to this path: Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools:

Find Bonjour Service and double click it, select Automatic and click OK to confirm:

Please make sure the Service status should be Started, if it shows Stopped, please click Start to start the service:

I do not want Bonjour installed on my computer. Nor do I care about discovering other AirDroid users. How do I turn the prompt off? It keeps prompting me to install "C:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid\BonjourSetup.exe /quiet".
AK
Coffee Admin

I do not want Bonjour installed on my computer. Nor do I care about discovering other AirDroid users. How do I turn the prompt off? It keeps prompting me to install "C:\Program Files (x86)\AirDroid\BonjourSetup.exe /quiet".
Hi, you can uninstall it and the prompt should not show up again.
Coffee
Admin
Sergio

Um SR CAFE !!!!! NÃO TIVE RESPOSTA DA MINHA ULTIMA PERGUNTA : ANTES EU CONSEGUIA LER A CONVERSA DO MESSENGER ... DO FACEBOOK DO MEU CONTATO ... NOME DAS MUSICAS QUE MEU CONTATO OUVIA E O NOME DA RADIO ... PQ HOJE NÃO LEIO MAIS ?
Sergio
Sergio

EXEMPLOS :

WhatsApp : +55 2X 99924-XXXX
Você nem vai acreditar
Kkkkk

O WHATSAPP ESTÁ NORMAL ...
.................................................................................................................................................................

Messenger: Soraya Pereira
amiga to indo para pdreira com toninho

Messenger: Leon Fernandes 23:20
Oiii

NÃO ESTÁ NORMAL MAIS ... NÃO APARECE MAIS PARA MIM .

SÓ APARECE QUE TEVE UMA CONVERSA ...

PODE VERIFICAR ISSO POR FAVOR ?

DESDE JÁ AGRADEÇO-LHE
Sergio
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 3 << 1, 2, 3 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235021

Latest Member: W.R-以藏-

Online: 22