[Help & FAQ] Why Remote Connection Mode When the Device and PC Are Connected to the Same Network?

Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:26 am in FAQ

page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to
Coffee Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] Why Remote Connection Mode When the Device and PC Are Connected to the Same Network?

If your device and PC/laptop are connected to the same Wi-Fi network but AirDroid shows that you are in Remote Connection Mode, including 2 possible situations:

1. Sign in with AirDroid account, and it shows that you are in Remote Connection Mode.

2. Scan the QR code to sign in without AirDroid account, and it shows:

You may try the following two methods to check:

1. Ping command (Simple but not that accurate)

Open AirDroid on your device, switch to My Devices Page > AirDroid Web > Option 2, the IP address of your device will be displayed here. For example, the IP is 192.168.197.124:8888, and AirDroid is running on port 8888:

1) For Windows user, press "Win + R" to open Run command box, and run "cmd.exe":

For Mac user, open the Terminal application in "Finder > Application > Utilities".

2) Type ping + IP (e.g. ping 192.168.20.60) and press Enter to see your ping output:

Read the summary of output:

Image(Windows)

or

Image(Mac)
  • All packets received and the trip time is short: Your device and PC are over same network, and network is stable.
  • Some packets lost or the trip time is long: Though your device and PC are over same network, the network is unstable. In this case, the connection mode is probably Remote Connection Mode. Try to connect again.
  • All packets lost: Your device and PC are not in the same network. Reboot the router or ask for help from network admin.
(Tip: Ping guide for other OS: http://www.wikihow.com.com/Ping-an-IP-Address )

2. Telnet command (Recommended)

1) For Mac user, go directly to Step 2. For Windows user, go to “Control Panel > Programs >Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off”, check “Telnet Client” to enable telnet command:

2) Go back to cmd.exe (or Terminal in OS X or Linux), type telnet + IP + port (e.g. telnet 192.168.20.60 8888), and press Enter:

If it displays as:

Image(Windows)

or

Image(Mac)

It means the network connection works fine, your device and PC are connected to the same network. The connection mode should be LAN Connection Mode.
Otherwise there are some problem with the network connection.

Try these methods to fix:
  • Check whether the firewall of your device blocks AirDroid service
  • Restart AirDroid if your device can access the network.
  • Connect to Wi-Fi again if your device cannot access the network

3. If all previous steps fail, and if you use any plugin to block javascript (or other scripts)on your browser, tune the plugin or turn it off.
Coffee
Admin
hei

Re: [Help & FAQ] Why Remote Connection Mode When the Device and PC Are Connected to the Same Network?

succes
hei
hei

rio

succes
Attachments
13654190_808256755977359_9116912403526319163_n.jpg
hei
bonzo

Re: [Help & FAQ] Why Remote Connection Mode When the Device and PC Are Connected to the Same Network?

in step one i dont see the IP address of my phone. The home screen does not look like this. I just want an app to send photos from device to laptop and vice versa. Thats it, each version of airdroid seems to get more bells and whistles that noone wants, and the core function doenst work
bonzo
Niki Admin

in step one i dont see the IP address of my phone. The home screen does not look like this. I just want an app to send photos from device to laptop and vice versa. Thats it, each version of airdroid seems to get more bells and whistles that noone wants, and the core function doenst work

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please check this post to see if it helps.​
[Help & FAQ] How to find IP address on your phone? http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29843

Feel free to let us know if you need further help.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
lisacarlon25

It means the community connection works first-class, your tool and pc are connected to the same network. The connection mode needs to be lan connection mode Best explainer videos services here Otherwise, there is some problem with the network connection.
lisacarlon25
NMJToolbox

Obviously bugs in the web app (Chrome on Windows 10 pro). The desktop app says it is a local connection (which it is). Web app states remote connection (incorrect, both devices connected via wireless ac and same network and subnet). I can ping and telnet to my phone without issue. Web app takes forever to do anything (I assume due to it thinking it is remote access) but desktop app is fine. Needs more work on the web app....
NMJToolbox
Niki Admin

Obviously bugs in the web app (Chrome on Windows 10 pro). The desktop app says it is a local connection (which it is). Web app states remote connection (incorrect, both devices connected via wireless ac and same network and subnet). I can ping and telnet to my phone without issue. Web app takes forever to do anything (I assume due to it thinking it is remote access) but desktop app is fine. Needs more work on the web app....

Hi,

We would like to confirm with you that have you open the proxy on your computer?

If yes, when you sign in web the connection mode will be remote while your desktop is local connection.

So, you can close the proxy and try again to see if the web states local connection or not.

Best Regards,
Niki
Admin
melinda839

Niki wrote:
Hi,

We would like to confirm with you that have you open the proxy on your computer?

If yes, when you sign in web the connection mode will be remote while your desktop is local connection.

So, you can close the proxy and try again to see if the web states local connection or not.

Best Regards,

I have the problem with ping desktop app local connection. Web app states remote connection ping is not working.
I am currently used to pay someone to do my assignment Australia just because of the problem.
melinda839
lisacarlon25

Remote connection mode sometimes does not work well on my devices fit test insanity excited to ride began to push the snooze button more times than not a lack of desire to ride hard and no specific cycling goals lead to my burnout.
lisacarlon25
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 4 << 1, 2, 3, 4 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 50