[Help & FAQ] Why I Can't Use AirMirror

Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:29 am in FAQ

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Coffee Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] Why I Can't Use AirMirror

Please make sure your device is running Android 4.1+ and you're using the latest version of AirDroid.

1. For rooted devices, make sure your device has been rooted and you’ve granted AirDroid the permission needed to use AirMirror.

2. For non-rooted devices, make sure you've done the settings right:

Note:
1. You need to reset USB debugging if you reboot the device(s).
2. If your device is rooted but the permission was denied for AirDroid, please try to use AirMirror with non-root (instruction above).

If everything is done correctly but you still cannot use AirMirror after many attempts, then your device is not supported now. Please kindly wait because we are working hard to improve it.

The articles below may help:
[Help & FAQ] AirMirror
[Help & FAQ] Known AirMirror Supported ROMs List of Rooted Devices
Jess+Shin likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
Trixian

Re: [Help & FAQ] Why I Can't Use AirMirror

Coffee wrote:1. Please make sure your device is rooted and running Android 4.0+, and you've granted AirDroid the permission needed to use AirMirror.

2. For some certified devices, please make sure you have installed the latest AirMirror plugins.

3. If everything is done correctly but you still cannot use AirMirror after many attempts, then your device is not supported now. Please kindly wait because we are working hard to improve it.

The articles below may help:
[Help & FAQ] AirMirror
[Help & FAQ] Known AirMirror Supported ROMs List (ROOT Required)

Well the window that opens in the windows-app clearly states rooted OR certified devices.
Are you saying that the phone needs to be rooted regardless?
My phone is definately certified as stated in my first post (running android 5.1.1), and the permission is set up in the android app to use mirror.
Trixian
Trixian

Where would one find the "latest" airmirror plugins? I installed the app yesterday, so I presume the laterst version of the plugin is included?
Trixian
Coffee Admin

Where would one find the "latest" airmirror plugins? I installed the app yesterday, so I presume the laterst version of the plugin is included?

Sorry, only a few device models have been certified. For now, rooted is required for most device models. We are still working with device manufacturers to get more devices certified. Please kindly wait :)
Coffee
Admin
JoelM

I turned on USB debugging, Clicked on "Setting completed. Start" and it started an installation, then errored with something about folder or file not found. It was looking for "C:\Users\Joel". But my user folder is "C:\Users\Joel Mxxx". It appears the install script truncated everything after the space. The error comes from DPInst.exe.

I have a Motorola Turbo 2.
JoelM
simon

Coffee wrote:

Sorry, only a few device models have been certified. For now, rooted is required for most device models. We are still working with device manufacturers to get more devices certified. Please kindly wait :)

Hi
I used to be able to see the mirror icon but it is no longer there. How do I get it back?
Cheers
Simon
simon
Vik Shah

I have a Moto X 2nd gen and I've been happily using AirMirror for a couple of months with my phone in developer mode. I've rebooted my phone a few times and each time I had to temporarily connect the phone by USB to get AirMirror to work again, which is fine. But since rebooting yesterday I can't get AirMirror to work. I click on the AirMirror icon on the computer and it makes the screen on my phone come on, but then AirMirror tells me I have to enable developer mode (which I can't do because it is already enabled) and then tells me to connect to USB. So I connect to USB but AirMirror doesn't detect the connection (I know it's definitely connected because Windows Explorer sees my phone). Any suggestions? I am disabled and AirMirror is such a great benefit to me!
Vik Shah
jkutianski

JoelM wrote:I turned on USB debugging, Clicked on "Setting completed. Start" and it started an installation, then errored with something about folder or file not found. It was looking for "C:\Users\Joel". But my user folder is "C:\Users\Joel Mxxx". It appears the install script truncated everything after the space. The error comes from DPInst.exe.

I have a Motorola Turbo 2.

I've exactly the same problem.
jkutianski
Dave

I tried the instructions to activate AirMirror, but my device does not show up. I have an Amazon Fire 5th Generation that has a 7 inch display running Android 5.1.1. If you could please add support for Fire tablets then I would definitely appreciate it.
Smasai1324 likes this post.
Dave
Smasai1324

Hi
Smasai1324
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876