[Help & FAQ] How to disable Auto start?

Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:04 am in FAQ

page 1 / 1
Sida.AirDroid Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] How to disable Auto start?

By default, AirDroid Windows/Mac will start automatically when you start computer. You can disable Auto start manually.

AirDroid Windows:
Go to the main window of AirDroid Windows/Mac > click the Settings icon > uncheck the box next to Open at login. AirDroid Windows should not start automatically next time:

AirDroid Mac:
Right click at AirDroid icon in dock > Options > uncheck Open at login. Or go to Settings of AirDroid Mac > uncheck Open at Login. AirDroid Mac should not start automatically next time:

p mat likes this post.
Sida.AirDroid
Admin
Daniel+Gavin

Re: [Help & FAQ] How to disable Auto start?

Simply not true. Clearing the startup box, and pressing ALt-F4 (because for some reason your app seems to think I have a tiny 15" screen and doesn't show the whole dialog) and going back in and that setting just resets itself.

Have you guys heard of the standard convention of an OK or SAVE button? Or better yet, min max buttons & scrollbars?

Old fashioned but they don't let design assumptions f*** the user's experience.

How do I disable AirDroid from within AirDroid? I want it to show up only when I want it to, which with restrictive design like this is becoming less and less often!
p mat likes this post.
Daniel+Gavin
k_d

Daniel+Gavin wrote:Simply not true. Clearing the startup box, and pressing ALt-F4 (because for some reason your app seems to think I have a tiny 15" screen and doesn't show the whole dialog) and going back in and that setting just resets itself.

Have you guys heard of the standard convention of an OK or SAVE button? Or better yet, min max buttons & scrollbars?

Old fashioned but they don't let design assumptions f*** the user's experience.

How do I disable AirDroid from within AirDroid? I want it to show up only when I want it to, which with restrictive design like this is becoming less and less often!

I have exactly same problem on latest updated version....always starts when I boot PC. It is unchecked, msconfig unchecked, Set to disable via CCleaner....and still it ALWAYS opens.
Why turn it off? Because it is a ram and cpu hog when running....OK when I want it but usually not wanted. I can start it when I need it and ususally only need the web session to transfer files over network.
I wrote a help ticket and reply was this same answer...uncheck (but it was never checked to auto start and always does.) I tried turning it on, then off, no joy.
p mat likes this post.
k_d
Naushadfun

I have exactly same problem on latest updated version....always starts when I boot PC. It is unchecked, msconfig unchecked, Set to disable via CCleaner....and still it ALWAYS opens.
Why turn it off? Because it is a ram and cpu hog when running....OK when I want it but usually not wanted. I can start it when I need it and ususally only need the web session to transfer files over network.
I wrote a help ticket and reply was this same answer...uncheck (but it was never checked to auto start and always does.) I tried turning it on, then off, no joy.
Best Buying in India 2019 by Almighty ADDA
Naushadfun
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 47