[Help & FAQ] Can't drag & drop files to AirDroid Windows?

Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:16 am in FAQ

page 1 / 1
Sida.AirDroid Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] Can't drag & drop files to AirDroid Windows?

If you got a forbidden symbol when trying to drag & drop files to AirDroid Windows, you may right-click AirDroid icon > Properties > Compatibility > uncheck Run this program as an administrator, click OK and try again.

Sida.AirDroid
Admin
eorstail

Still can't drag and drop. Run as Admin is NOT checked.

Drag and drop will not work using WIN client. Get forbidden symbol on attempts.
Checked FAQ but run as admin is NOT checked. Bonjour service is ON.

Drag and drop works on WEB but not WIN. I can successfully transfer via WIN only by opening file via folder prompts.

Guidance please?
eorstail
dkreset

Re: [Help & FAQ] Can't drag & drop files to AirDroid Windows?

Sida.AirDroid wrote:If you got a forbidden symbol when trying to drag & drop files to AirDroid Windows, you may right-click AirDroid icon > Properties > Compatibility > uncheck Run this program as an administrator, click OK and try again.

Edited: Tried unchecking running as administrator but drag and drop on Win 10 still doesn't work. Any solutions?

Thanks in advance!
dkreset
Jack

This doesn't work.

Don't believe them until they come up with an actual solution that doesn't require you searching through their help forums. This should either work when you install the program, the fix should be easily explained through the programs UI, or you should take out the NON FUNCTIONING feature that just messes the user up.
Jack
ralf.dauks

Hello, after reinstallation of Win 7 I got a problem with transfering mp3-Files: Transfer stopps after 2 MB.
I tried in AirWeb and Desktop-Client-App.
Can you help me?
Thanks!
Ralf
ralf.dauks
Super User

How to send a file from PC to Android device using Mouse Drag&Drop method? Or it still isn't working?

Drag&Drop works only when I copy files FROM Airdroid Win software to Windows Explorer, but I cannot Drag&Drop IN Airdroid software from Windows Explorer
Super User
Super User

it started to work
Super User
minimeh

When first installed on Windows, AirDroid runs with elevated rights because it is running under the elevated status of the installation program. Even exiting and restarting the app doesn't work because you're not really exiting and restarting, it is simply hiding and re-showing the app window. You can see the tray icon for AirDroid which manages hiding/showing the app's main window.

To solve the drag/drop problem, the app must be fully exited after initial installation and restarted with normal rights.

Right click the AirDroid tray icon to bring up a menu. From the menu, select Exit. That truly unloads the app. Then run AirDroid again (with non-admin rights), and drag/drop should work.

A more draconian approach is to simply reboot your computer.

Note that this is an installation bug that should be fixed by AirDroid developers.
minimeh
Niki Admin

When first installed on Windows, AirDroid runs with elevated rights because it is running under the elevated status of the installation program. Even exiting and restarting the app doesn't work because you're not really exiting and restarting, it is simply hiding and re-showing the app window. You can see the tray icon for AirDroid which manages hiding/showing the app's main window.

To solve the drag/drop problem, the app must be fully exited after initial installation and restarted with normal rights.

Right click the AirDroid tray icon to bring up a menu. From the menu, select Exit. That truly unloads the app. Then run AirDroid again (with non-admin rights), and drag/drop should work.

A more draconian approach is to simply reboot your computer.

Note that this is an installation bug that should be fixed by AirDroid developers.
Thank you for your answer. We'll fix it as soon as possible.
Niki
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 41