[Help & FAQ] Why AirDroid Disconnect Constantly?

Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:34 am in FAQ

page 1 / 1
Coffee Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] Why AirDroid Disconnect Constantly?

1. If the power saving mode is turned on, AirDroid service on the phone will stop after about 30 minutes of inactivity. And once AirDroid service is stopped, connection might also be interrupted.

2. Open Settings in your device > WLAN > Advanced > select Always in Keep WLAN on during sleep.

3. Check if you've installed some app manager that might kill AirDroid process.

For example, If you're using Huawei, the default Phone Manager app may kill the process of AirDroid when running memory cleanup feature. Adding AirDroid to the Memory cleanup whitelist will help. Open Phone Manager on your Huawei phone> System optimization> click the gear button on the top right corner> select Memory cleanup whitelist> select AirDroid and turn it on.

4. Keep the screen awake to see if it helps.

5. Different systems manage memory and battery in different ways, and some systems might kill the process of apps after a long period of inactivity.

For instance, If you're using MIUI, saving battery will restrict individual apps' background processes, WLAN and mobile data connectionc, and GPS. Turning off Manage apps' battery usage will help. Open Settings in your device> Additional settings> Battery> Manage apps battery usage> turn off Manage apps' battery usage & Restrict apps when battery is low> select Choose apps to restrict> uncheck AirDroid> cilck OK.

6. There are many factors that cause the disconnection like unstable network.

If you are using Windows, you may click the Start button and enter cmd into the Search field. If the IP address displayed on AirDroid app is 192.168.xx.xxx, then you can type ping 192.168.xx.xxx -t and press enter to see your ping output. And you may refer to the guide here for other OS: http://www.wikihow.com/Ping-an-IP-Address

The ping output can somewhat let you understand the status of your network, though not that accurate. If the ping output isn't ideal, then we advice you to ask for help from network admin.

Note:
1. If you connected your device to 2G/3G/4G network, the network will be disconnected when you receive a call. Thus the connection between your device and PC/laptop will be interrupted. You may connect your device to WiFi network and try again.
2. If you're using AirDroid Win/Mac, the connection will be interrupted when the computer goes sleep. AirDroid will restore the connection automatically when the computer connects to network again.
Coffee
Admin
Ray Mizzi

Re: [Help & FAQ] Why AirDroid Disconnect Constantly?

I am experienced in this software and have to refresh constantly.
Its always dropping out.

Mac Os x
Airdroid on Oneplus One
5gwifit NBN
Ray Mizzi
kilala

Please help
i can not find the wlan option, my problem it's always same. the program stop when the phone in power saving mode
my phone is oppo f1s
kilala
hanjani

i'm using Airdroid 4.0.0.1. i failed to connect my device with my pc when my device is far away from my pc. is there something wrong with my general setting? my general setting pretty much looks like device name A51w, remote wake up "on", power saving mode "off", dim the screen when airmirror starts "off", keep screen awake "off", require confirmation for web lite "on", remote transfer for file transfer "always allow", and port number "auto". i saw the problem like this in Airdroid 2 causes by "push service". but in Airdroid 4 there's no "push service" button. how do i manage my device to keep connect with my pc though it's far away. please respond to my question as soon as possible. because i really love this app
hanjani
Lillian Admin

Please help
i can not find the wlan option, my problem it's always same. the program stop when the phone in power saving mode
my phone is oppo f1s

Hi my friend, how about turning off the power saving mode?
Lillian
Admin
Lillian Admin

i'm using Airdroid 4.0.0.1. i failed to connect my device with my pc when my device is far away from my pc. is there something wrong with my general setting? my general setting pretty much looks like device name A51w, remote wake up "on", power saving mode "off", dim the screen when airmirror starts "off", keep screen awake "off", require confirmation for web lite "on", remote transfer for file transfer "always allow", and port number "auto". i saw the problem like this in Airdroid 2 causes by "push service". but in Airdroid 4 there's no "push service" button. how do i manage my device to keep connect with my pc though it's far away. please respond to my question as soon as possible. because i really love this app

Hello my friend,
1 Push service = remote wake up, that helps you to launch AirDroid on your phone and build connection remotely from PC.

Would you please clarify the following information:
1 Is it LAN connection mode or remote connection mode?
2 It fails to connect from PC to phone, or from web.airdroid.com to phone?
3 Can you reconnect to the phone if you open phone screen or open AirDroid on your phone?

Please check this post for more info if it helps: http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15947
Lillian
Admin
yeltommo

"2. Open Settings in your device > WLAN > Advanced > select Always in Keep WLAN on during sleep."

What on earth are you talking about? I assume you're referring to a setting on a mobile device, since the problem happens when my PC is wide awake, but there is no such setting on my Android phone. Regardless, I know of no such setting on my PC either. Are you referring to iOS or Mac?
This is really typical of Airdroid instructions and "help": insufficent context. Very frustrating.
yeltommo
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 39