[Help & FAQ] File Transfer

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:03 am in FAQ

page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to
Coffee Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] File Transfer

File transfer is a feature introduced in AirDroid 3.0, it allows you to share files between your Androids, your Android and PC/Mac. You can even share files with your friends and nearby devices!

To use this feature, you need to sign in to AirDroid with the same AirDroid account on your Android, AirDroid Windows/Mac first. (How to install AirDroid for Win/Mac?)

On Android, it's shown as below:

On Windows, it's shown as below:

1. How to transfer files between devices
① Open AirDroid app on your device > tap Transfer icon > tap My devices

② Tap the device you want to transfer file to, select the file you want to transfer and tap Send button. You'll soon receive that file on the destination device:

2. How to transfer files between device and computer
1) From device to computer:
① Open AirDroid app on your device > tap Transfer.
② Tap AirDroid Desktop, select the file you want to transfer and tap Send button. You'll soon receive that file on the computer:

2) From computer to device:
① Open AirDroid for Win/Mac > click File Transfer icon:
② If you have more than 1 device, select the device you want to transfer file to, drag and drop files to the windows, or click the file icon, select the file to transfer files.

3. What is local transfer and remote transfer?

4. How to delete files?
Click the trash icon > click OK, then the transfer logs will be all clear.

raja likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
jodi

Re: [Help & FAQ] File Transfer

im a bonus user but CAN NOT transfer folders. Im trying to drag & drop folder from PC to device but it fails & a pop up msg says folder transfer is only for bonus and premium users. I know this which is why I shared on facebook to become bonus user. Ive signed out & back in my devices & PC & my user status says "bonus" so what the problem here?
jodi
Kevin Taylor

jodi wrote:im a bonus user but CAN NOT transfer folders. Im trying to drag & drop folder from PC to device but it fails & a pop up msg says folder transfer is only for bonus and premium users. I know this which is why I shared on facebook to become bonus user. Ive signed out & back in my devices & PC & my user status says "bonus" so what the problem here?

Yep same problem, local transfer fails instantly, it does not look like its even trying... does not work
jodi likes this post.
Kevin Taylor
jodi

Yep same problem, local transfer fails instantly, it does not look like its even trying... does not work

OK, Now I can move the folder via PC to my other devices however on the folder an icon says: "Folder not supported by remote transfer yet".Its been this way for 24hrs. WTF!! I want an answer please. I shared with all my FB friends to be able to use this feature. Perhaps I will have to let them know not to waste their time with this app.
jodi
jodi

Just to clarify. What I mean by the below post is the app on my PC shows allows me to drop the folder in to another device bit then I get the error msg so the dragged folder its not actually appearing on my other devices. "OK, Now I can move the folder via PC to my other devices however on the folder an icon says: "Folder not supported by remote transfer yet".Its been this way for 24hrs. WTF!! I want an answer please. I shared with all my FB friends to be able to use this feature. Perhaps I will have to let them know not to waste their time with this app."
jodi
Aviran .B.

Its all good, but you cant change the path of received files in your fhone..
Aviran .B.
jodi

Its all good, but you cant change the path of received files in your fhone..
I dont understand your reply? Can you be clearer please? Ive dragged folders of audio from PC to other device using PC app. Where are they on the device? I dont see the folders. The msg Im getting from the PC app is "Folder not supported by remote transfer yet." I wish i could post a screen shot.
jodi
Lobos Family

When I first downloaded the app (and bought the premium service) I was able to send pics from my phone to my computer using a local connection. Now, it ALWAYS fails and I have to use a remote connection. Is there a fix to this?
Lobos Family
Lobos Family

Has anyone gotten an answer to this? I have been trying for weeks now to do a local transfer but it keeps forcing me to do a remote connection. Both the phone and the computer are on the same network.
Lobos Family
Coffee Admin

@jodi @kevin taylor

If you're a bonus user, you can send folder in local connection mode. Can you make sure that the connection mode is local? If you've confirmed but still can't send folder, pls attach a screenshot of it. Thanks!

And you can send folder via AirDroid Web on Chrome. More details: [Help & FAQ] AirDroid Web - Files
Tammy Bradberry likes this post.
Coffee
Admin
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 2 << 1, 2 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234877

Latest Member: NAVIN

Online: 47