[Help & FAQ] Widget of AirDroid Windows

Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:39 am in FAQ

page 1 / 1
Coffee Admin
OP

[Help & FAQ] Widget of AirDroid Windows

AirDroid widget is a small panel that stays on the computer screen. You can view unread notifications, send files and initiate AirMirror from the widget. The widget is introduced in AirDroid Win v3.1.4. (ONLY for AirDroid Windows)

There are 2 parts of the widget
1. The bar
Number of missed calls, unread SMS and notifications will show on the bar. You can drag it to move the widget, and the bar will be auto-folded when it is at the edge of the screen.

2. The tab panel
Click the bubble to open the tab panel. There are four tabs - Devices, Nearby, Friends and Notifs.

Devices
View all your devices. Drag files to device to transfer, or click to select file and send.

You can click the telescope icon to open AirMirror.

Nearby
View other AirDroid users in the same network. You can send files to them, or send friend request.

Friends
Your AirDroid friends will be listed here. Drag files or click the icon to send files.

Notifs
View recent notifications from all your Android devices here. You can also clear the notification logs here (notification on your phone won’t be dismissed when you delete the log here).

You can mute/unmute notifications via the bell icon on the top right of tab panel. Click the gear icon to open AirDroid settings. Double-click the bubble to open AirDroid main window.

Right-click the bubble to hide it, or change other settings.

If you hide the widget forever and want to enable it again, you can right-click the AirDroid logo on the system tray, check Show widget.

Can't find the widget though you've checked Show widget?
Temporary Solution: Open C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\AirDroid\Settings.ini, find [FloatingButton], and change the value of AutoShow to true (AutoShow=true), save and exit.

And please send us the logs and exceptions and settings.ini to help us troubleshoot:

Logs and exception: Right click on AirDroid icon > select open file location > logs and exception.
settings.ini: C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\AirDroid\Settings.ini

Hide the widget forever but it still shows after a restart?
If you are using non-administration account on your computer, you may have this issue.

Temporary Solution: Open C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\AirDroid\Settings.ini, find[FloatingButton], and change the value of AutoShow to false (AutoShow=false), save and exit.
Coffee
Admin
Carlo Vaiani

Re: [Help & FAQ] Widget of AirDroid Windows

AirDroid widget is a small panel that stays on the computer screen. You can view unread notifications, send files and initiate AirMirror from the widget. The widget is introduced in AirDroid Win v3.1.4. (ONLY for AirDroid Windows)

There are 2 parts of the widget
1. The bar
Number of missed calls, unread SMS and notifications will show on the bar. You can drag it to move the widget, and the bar will be auto-folded when it is at the edge of the screen.

2. The tab panel
Click the bubble to open the tab panel. There are four tabs - Devices, Nearby, Friends and Notifs.

Devices
View all your devices. Drag files to device to transfer, or click to select file and send.

You can click the telescope icon to open AirMirror.

Nearby
View other AirDroid users in the same network. You can send files to them, or send friend request.

Friends
Your AirDroid friends will be listed here. Drag files or click the icon to send files.

Notifs
View recent notifications from all your Android devices here. You can also clear the notification logs here (notification on your phone won’t be dismissed when you delete the log here).

You can mute/unmute notifications via the bell icon on the top right of tab panel. Click the gear icon to open AirDroid settings. Double-click the bubble to open AirDroid main window.

Right-click the bubble to hide it, or change other settings.

If you hide the widget forever and want to enable it again, you can right-click the AirDroid logo on the system tray, check Show widget.

Can't find the widget though you've checked Show widget?
Temporary Solution: Open C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\AirDroid\Settings.ini, find [FloatingButton], and change the value of AutoShow to true (AutoShow=true), save and exit.

And please send us the logs and exceptions and settings.ini to help us troubleshoot:

Logs and exception: Right click on AirDroid icon > select open file location > logs and exception.
settings.ini: C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\AirDroid\Settings.ini

Hide the widget forever but it still shows after a restart?
If you are using non-administration account on your computer, you may have this issue.

Temporary Solution: Open C:\Users\yourusername\Documents\AirDroid\Settings.ini, find[FloatingButton], and change the value of AutoShow to false (AutoShow=false), save and exit.
I think there's an error in the config file: in settings.ini widget location is set by default to coordinates 1718, 178 and that point is probably outside the visible area of the screen. I changed them to be 178, 178, toggled widget visibility and I finally got the widget on my screen.
Note 1: In Windows 10 the presence of the widget is anyway detectable by clicking on the new "multi-tasking" button.
Note 2: I don't know if it was really needed, but before editing the settings.ini file I closed the widget (because I could reach its window via the multi-tasking view, as said)
Carlo Vaiani
Coffee Admin

@carlo vaiani

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into this :)

Can you tell me the resolution of your computer?

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Display > Screen Resolution:

Coffee
Admin
Maxim Litvinov

Thank you, very helpful
Maxim Litvinov
tynansdtm

You say "Click the bubble to open the tab panel" but the tab panel opens whenever I hover over the bubble for ~2 seconds. I really don't like that, and would strongly prefer needing to actually click on it. Is this a bug, or can I change the behaviour anywhere? It's not in the options.
tynansdtm
Alberto Manzi

You say "Click the bubble to open the tab panel" but the tab panel opens whenever I hover over the bubble for ~2 seconds. I really don't like that, and would strongly prefer needing to actually click on it. Is this a bug, or can I change the behaviour anywhere? It's not in the options.

I second this opinion, the best solution would be to make the "show on hover" function optional via a context menu item (if it isn't a bug). I also think that the tab panel should automatically disappear after the pointer is away from the panel for x seconds, if the show on hover function is active. That would be the best behavior IMO.
Alberto Manzi
Jill Brehon

You say:
1. The bar

I've just installed the desktop application to try it out, but the bar does not auto-fold when I move it to the edge of the screen. It was folded after installation, but nothing I do now, including moving it to the bottom edge of the screen, will make it fold again. I also never get the tab panel. What am I missing?
Jill Brehon
Miji+Batubara

Coffee wrote:@carlo vaiani

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into this :)

Can you tell me the resolution of your computer?

Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Display > Screen Resolution:

Miji+Batubara
Patrick Downey

How do I get the widget to not stay on top of everything? Just want it to show on the home page of the desktop.

I figured it out you right click on green arrow and then deselect always on top.
Patrick Downey
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 1 / 1

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 234876

Latest Member: Raz

Online: 13