[Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:46 am in FAQ

page 3 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to
ratacit

Re: [Help & FAQ] How to Manage Files Saved to External SD Card on Android 5.0+?

Coffee wrote:@jrk36

Did you select the path before? And can you manage files in AirDroid Web now?

Try go to Settings of your phone > Apps > AirDroid app and Clear Data. Then sign in to AirDroid again, follow the steps in the guide.

This sorted it out:

Settings of your phone > Apps > AirDroid app and Clear Data.
ratacit
purgi

ratacit wrote:
Coffee wrote:@jrk36

Did you select the path before? And can you manage files in AirDroid Web now?

Try go to Settings of your phone > Apps > AirDroid app and Clear Data. Then sign in to AirDroid again, follow the steps in the guide.

This sorted it out:

Settings of your phone > Apps > AirDroid app and Clear Data.

Sorry it does not sort it out....Problem still remains...:-(
purgi
mackenzie

If you don't see the last image with the Cancel or OK button after press on the External SD
go to config on your cell phone and reduce the Font size of your Visor settings.
mackenzie
Kalaboon Core

You can manage files saved in External SD card on Android 5.0+ since AirDroid v3.1.5. (Note: Android 4.4x still can’t manage files in external SD card with AirDroid Web)

How to Configure the Settings in AirDroid App?
1. Go to Files in AirDroid app > External SD, you’ll get a pop-up guiding you how to configure:

2. Make sure the path of the external SD card is the Root Directory of External SD card. If not, tap the menu icon at the upper left corner and select the correct one, and then tap SELECT “SD card” at the bottom (the name in the quotation mark depends on the path of external SD).

If there's no SD in the list, you may need to tap the menu icon at the upper right corner and choose "Show SD card".

P.S. Some phones (like many Xiaomi models) may not support this method. We'll update this post once we find a solution for those phones.

What Should I Do if I Cancelled the Configuration Before It’s Done?
Go to Files in AirDroid app > External SD, select one file and try to edit it (Delete/Copy/Cut/Share, etc.). The configuration will pop up again.

Note:
Please make sure the path of the external SD card is the Root Directory of External SD card! Don't select Internal Storage. If you selected the right one but still can't access the extSD, pls describe the issue you encountered and attach the main.log of you phone.

Path: /sdcard/android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log
Kalaboon Core
Kalaboon Core

Path to external storage is /storage/external_SD.

I tried to clear Airdroid data to make a fresh launch and the problem persist.

The phone is LG L90 on stock Lollipop 5.0.2.

About main log, I think there is no relevant info to help in this issue:

2015-11-10 00:52:53,026 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - gcmRegistration
2015-11-10 00:52:54,861 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - GCM Register on Server Failed. Retry later: 2000
2015-11-10 00:52:56,445 - [WARN -com.sand.airdroid.servers.managers.event.EventServiceManager] - startEventService
2015-11-10 00:52:57,146 - [INFO -PushMessageHandleService] - Receive PushMsg: { "ptype": "pushclient_config", "body": { "active_users_threshold": 10, "connecting_timeout": 30, "reconnect_interval": 10, "reconnect_max_num": 10, "heartbeat_interval": 300, "heartbeat_retry_num": 5, "heartbeat_retry_interval": 30, "heartbeat_timeout": 10, "gopush_enable": true, "ping_device_max_number": 5, "ping_device_interval": 60, "ping_device_expire": 0 } }
2015-11-10 00:52:58,671 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - GCM Register on Server Failed. Retry later: 4000
2015-11-10 00:53:04,295 - [INFO -GCMRegistrationService] - GCM Register on Server Succeed.
2015-11-10 00:55:34,266 - [INFO -AirDroidService] - cause by stop code 6
2015-11-10 00:55:38,781 - [WARN -com.sand.airdroid.servers.managers.event.EventServiceManager] - startEventService
Kalaboon Core
aasanders

Coffee wrote:You can manage files saved in External SD card on Android 5.0+ since AirDroid v3.1.5. (Note: Android 4.4x still can’t manage files in external SD card with AirDroid Web)

How to Configure the Settings in AirDroid App?
1. Go to Files in AirDroid app > External SD, you’ll get a pop-up guiding you how to configure:

2. Make sure the path of the external SD card is the Root Directory of External SD card. If not, tap the menu icon at the upper left corner and select the correct one, and then tap SELECT “SD card” at the bottom (the name in the quotation mark depends on the path of external SD).

If there's no SD in the list, you may need to tap the menu icon at the upper right corner and choose "Show SD card".

P.S. Some phones (like many Xiaomi models) may not support this method. We'll update this post once we find a solution for those phones.

What Should I Do if I Cancelled the Configuration Before It’s Done?
Go to Files in AirDroid app > External SD, select one file and try to edit it (Delete/Copy/Cut/Share, etc.). The configuration will pop up again.

Note:
Please make sure the path of the external SD card is the Root Directory of External SD card! Don't select Internal Storage. If you selected the right one but still can't access the extSD, pls describe the issue you encountered and attach the main.log of you phone.

Path: /sdcard/android/data/com.sand.airdroid/files/main.log

Hello.

I followed the instructions. Now I can manage the files on the external SD card on my phone. When I want to do this from the web.airdroid.com interface it only shows the internal storage in the overview window. When I select Files in the web environment, the external sd card is shown. But I still can't manage files. All functions are disabled. After uninstalling and installing the airdroid app on my phone and selecting the external sd card it also works on the website. However when I want to use it a day later it ain't possible anymore.

I want to upload the main.log but there isn't such file in the map you described, also with show hidden files. I have a samsung s7 edge and android 6.0.1.

Please advice

Thanks
Aloys Sanders
aasanders
Jan Karlson

I Like you App real, but its extream difficult! Why this? Its not possible to make the Gui like Windows "File Explorer"?
And why to Hell, i cannot select one of my external HDD´s in the Gui?! I use AirDroid on my Bqeel M9Cmax OTT Box to transfer over WLAN Files from my PC to the Adroidbox.
But i have only acess to the system device with only 11GB Space, but i have total 10TB HDD Server via USB at the Box, but can´t use them, via AirDroid why? One 4TB HDD was Show but i cant use it?! Your App is very very difficult to use, i work with PC over 20 years. OS: Android 6.0.1 - Please help, thanks!
Jan Karlson
Squeeky

I can't upload files via AirDroid to my external SD card. When I try, I get "network error or permission denied." There is no problem uploading files to the internal phone storage.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 i337; 5.0.1; rooted
AirDroid apk: 4.0.0.4
AirDroid web interface 3.2.7.2

I have correctly designated the root of the external SD card, and AirDroid can navigate to all of the folders on the external card. But I get an error when I try to upload.

Help, please.
Luis Valverde likes this post.
Squeeky
Lillian Admin

Hey guys, please report the issue via Feedback with AirDroid on your device?
Steps: open AirDroid on your phone-->Me--> Settings-->About--> Feedback.
http://forums.airdroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28318

Please do tick the box of “Attach error logs” so that our developers can check the issue for you.
Lillian
Admin
Luis Valverde

I can't upload files via AirDroid to my external SD card. When I try, I get "network error or permission denied." There is no problem uploading files to the internal phone storage.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 i337; 5.0.1; rooted
AirDroid apk: 4.0.0.4
AirDroid web interface 3.2.7.2

I have correctly designated the root of the external SD card, and AirDroid can navigate to all of the folders on the external card. But I get an error when I try to upload.

Help, please.

Here I have the same problem. I cannot send music files to my external sd card, i have done the steps of the first post. I am running android 6.0 .
Luis Valverde
(Sign in or sign up to post a reply.)
page 3 / 6 << 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 >> go to

Statistics

24655 posts

7416 threads

Members: 235020

Latest Member: janny

Online: 28